
From here on out, I'll be walking through those hospital doors every Monday until the big day. Do I think it's obnoxious that I have to go to the doctor so frequently? No not really. Added peace of mind I guess. I did ask my regular OB today if I could be a preferred patient and not have to sit in the waiting room for almost an hour. He said that would be fine...yes!
On to my high-risk ultrasound. Ultrasound took about 45 minutes. I'm almost 15 weeks so a lot of measurements weren't done but will be next time I go. However, it was AMAZING what we could see. Leg bones, hands, feet, facial profiles, chambers of the hearts, spines, different parts of the brain, reproductive organs, etc...
Baby A and B are both equally low in my uterus so it can't be determined quite yet which one will get the coveted "first one out" slot. He says they'll move around more so we'll know more later. Weights of the babies at this point are 3 to 4 oz each. The only thing I could think of to use as comparison when talking to Clark was the corner of a brick of cheese. Hmmm....no wonder I came home and had an ENTIRE frozen cheese pizza. Sick.
I did gain 6.5 pounds in three weeks which I'm proud of. I'm sure the pizza will help a little too. :) Ensure shakes and nightly bowls of ice cream have been added to up my calorie intake.
New pregnancy symptom of the week: overactive gag reflex. No vomiting or nausea just persistent gagging all the time, everywhere I go. I've read that there is a greater amount of blood flow to your mucous membranes which causes a constant stuffy nose and a lot more build up in the back of your throat...hence the gagging.
No sonogram pictures worthy of being posted. I have a few but I think I'll get some good ones later on and know which baby I'm looking at. Next week: Q&A. Get excited.
P.S. Ok, ok, ok. I did mention reproductive organs were seen. Now because it's so early he could not give me 100% certainty behind his observations. Let's just say, though, there's a good chance we might probably, not for sure, certainly, positively, maybe have a Rudd namesake!
WOW~WOW~WOW!!! Dad and I are so excited!!!! As I read your PS I started screaming and shouting. Dad came running downstairs thinking that something was on fire!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd to think that Bobby thought he would be the only one to have an heir to the throne!!!
xoxoxoMOM
i love it! so exciting! keep on eatin! =) ...but invite me next time.
ReplyDeleteok so are we thinking all three in blue? or just one or two? Grayson's bet is that all three will be boys... I'm holding out for at least one cute little Jo look-alike! So happy you are doing well and that all the babies are growing strong and healthy! love you all (all FIVE of you) so much!!!
ReplyDeleteWahoo!!!!!! A mini Clarkie! If he is like his dad - he will push his way to the head of the line and be the first one out. Do you think the other two might be girls? I think so. We can't wait!!! Mom and I are already looking at clothes, but we have been so good - haven't gotten a thing yet. Mini Clarkie might look funny in a pink dress. We will leave the weird dress habits to Uncle Bobby. xoxoxo Rox
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I want to est ice cream everyday and have a good reason. I will do it anyway.
ReplyDeleteI thought for sure that you would have three girls... looks like there may be a boy or two or three in the mix? Can't wait to see the ultrasound pictures with three little jumping beans in there!
ReplyDeleteby the way, I love eating ice cream and I read that it might help with heartburn when that comes along, so enjoy your night time snacks and say it makes you feel better!
ReplyDeletegood job on the weight gain. sounds like me with van. i remember one dr. appt where i gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks... and i was like 7 months. so fun. and the nightly ice cream too. right up until the end. i only had one in there though... so i'm sure it'll be better for you than it was for me! ha!
ReplyDeleteSo, I am planning a trip to Moab with my fam and Jana for this upcoming weekend and I wasn't really sure what all we should do there. And then I thought, "You know, I think JoSue and her husband went to Moab a while back, I should look up her blog and see what they did" (thank you for the resource by the way). SO glad I looked you up! TRIPLETS!!! AMAZING! And then Jana tells me, "Oh! You hadn't heard she was having triplets!?" Apparantly word spreads quickly around here, just not to me. I hope everything continues to go well. :)
ReplyDeleteLisa (Pincock) Hill
Can't wait to see pictures soon. The first thing I told Tyler was, she is way too skinny to have triplets, but it sounds like you're doing alright with the weight gain. Eating and not feeling guilty is one of the joys of being pregnant. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteFirst, I hope it's ok that I'm reading this part. Oh my word, 3 babes!!! CRAZINESS> That is so amazing. I am so excitied for you guys. I had major gagging as well, but I bet yours is way more than mine cause you got more little sweetie pies. I will for sure be keeping up with you as much as I can. Talk to you later. Hope your doing so good. SUZ
ReplyDeleteHooray! Don't worry too much about the gag reflex. I was throwing up like 10 times a day for 7 months, and I still want to have another baby...someday. :) Good luck!
ReplyDelete