I am filling in for JoSue today as she is really trying to take the day easy. This would seem like an easy task, but between all the nurses, hospital admin, and a Tornado warning it is 8pm and she is still exhausted.
Against the wishes of the countdown calendar "which had 9 days", the babies decided they had waited long enough and decided to make their grand entrance into the world on September 7th 2010.
While it was unexpected and seemed to come very fast we both we're really happy that the waiting had come to an end.
JoSue got word of the upcoming C-section at 5pm as her doctors consulted and decided that baby B's amniotic fluid was low and the discrepancies of weight between baby B and baby C had continued to grow. From there she was quickly prepped in a gown, hooked up to an IV, and wheeled down to labor and delivery. To make JoSue a little more comfortable about her backless gown I decided to wear this sweet white get up and hair piece.
The C-section was quickly started once I got in there and positioned at the top of her head. No need to have me interfering as there was 16 Doctors/RNs taking part in the big event. It was amazing to see all the people and the organization of the entire procedure. JoSue at this point had her epidural and couldn't feel anything which gives the doctor the ok to start the procedure. Our thoughts of the actual operation... it smelled like the Dentists office when they are cleaning your teeth and all JoSue wanted was the song, "When you Chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay. Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away."
The babies all came out in perfect order as we had hoped. Leah Marie,formally known as "Baby A" or "Our baby girl" was born first at 7:44 pm. She measured 3 lbs. 15 ounces and 15 inches long.
Next came our little Brian Zachary, formally known as "Baby B", "Zach" or "Get off me Caleb I am getting frickin' squished" was born at 7:45 pm. He measured 3 lbs. 5 ounces and 16 inches long.
Finally came the king of the Uterus, formally known "Baby C", "Fatty McFat Fat" or "Bronco get the scholarship ready for BYU's next O-Line sensation" was born at 7:46 pm. He measured 4 lbs. 12 ounces and is 17 inches long.
All babies are down in the NICU together and are doing well. Their body temperatures, heart beats, and breathing are all being monitored. They seem to be progressing in there. Zachary is having a little harder time since he is so much smaller, but no major worries as of right now.
We have yet to feel like parents because we are upstairs while our babies are downstairs being feed and changed by other people but know that will change soon enough.
On a side note, I did change my first diapers today. So as of right now, the count is as follows and I am pretty sure I am winning!
Clark - 3
JoSue - 0
OH My goodness!!! Congrats on the new 3 babies! So amazing and wonderful! Love you new baby cousins!!! Love, Cothrans :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Congratulations. Hope everyone continues to stay happy and healthy. The miracle of life is really amazing, but even more so x 3!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Wonderful!! I am so happy that all is going well! All three are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat tiny, precious, beautiful babies! Congratulations and good work JoSue!
ReplyDeleteWow, congrats to all! How very exciting! I'll bet JoSue is so ready to leave that hospital! Enjoy your sweet new bundles of joy!!! I'm glad that everyone is doing well.
ReplyDeleteHOORAY!!!! Of course 3 at once is way out of my league, but I know that every day gets a little easier. Having your baby in the nicu is hard as a post-partem mother so hang in there JoSue! Soon you will be able to cuddle them all as much as you want!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! They are sooo adorable! Good choice of names too. I could knock all my favorites if I had triplets. I hope you don't mind but I sent out an email to Nursing and medical records about your exciting news! Congratulations and good luck!
ReplyDeleteThey are BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations. We are so excited for you and so glad that JoSue gets to leave the hospital in the near future ;) Glad all is going well thus far, they really are SO cute.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!! 3 babies is an amazing feat! way to make it through JoSue. they are just so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you two. That is so amazing! The babies look great. Keep the blog updated... maybe impossible though right once those babies are home ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, they are so little and adorable. Congratulations! Glad to hear you're all doing well and they all arrived saftely.
ReplyDeleteThese babies are beautiful!!!! Three for three - way to go Clark and Jo!! Can't wait to snuggle with them. xoxoxoRox
ReplyDeleteHoly smokes! Congratulations, Rudds! We are so super excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! What a great adventure you will have.
ReplyDeletePS: Please email me or comment on my blog with your address ASAP because I have something to send you!
ReplyDeletewe are all dying over their nicknames and are totally keeping with them!!! And PS....don't be too excited about outnumbering Jo on the diaper changes as I'm sure it will take about a day for her to surpass you... The least you can do is clean some sticky, black, poo off your babies' bums since she had to carry all three of them in her uterus for 33 weeks (she's a ROCKSTAR btw!!!), and then be sliced in half to have them yanked from her body. So...while she recovers...yeah....you're on diaper duty!!! You'd better get your fanny back downstairs, as it has been my experience that newborns poop A LOT! Give our love to Jo, Baby Girl, Get off me Caleb I am getting frickin' squished, and Fatty McFat Fat. Love you all soooooo much and are so glad to hear that everyone is pooping and progressing!
ReplyDeletecongratulations!!
ReplyDeleteI love that Leah was born first, but maybe that's just because I'm partial to having a girl be the "oldest" and keep the brothers in check. Congratulations - they're beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! So excited for you guys that they are "finally" here (it is finally after so much time on bed rest) and doing well!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Can't wait to see them and you guys soon! Keep resting and congrats again!
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute!!! I love the way Clark tells a story...ha!
ReplyDeleteahhhh!!!!! i love them and the whole "out-of-the-uterus" play by play. they are perfect! and i love how leah looks so much girlier than her brothers... even though they are just fresh out of the womb! i can't wait for more pictures! so glad everyone is healthy and well! what a blessing! you're in our prayers for a quick hospital stay for all. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! You have been a father for just a few days and already have more than me. I love it! I'm so glad that everything went well. I look forward to more pictures.
ReplyDeleteAll I have to say is Amen to Jen's comment!! Clark's play by play and nicknames are the best. We love all of you and can't wait to snuggle with those babies. xoxoxoMOM
ReplyDeleteLove the nicknames and we're glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Your babies are beautiful, congratulations!
ReplyDeletecongrats! I'm glad you are all healthy!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you guys. Joey, I just breathed a sigh of relief for you yesterday as I thought about how glad you probably are to be able to get up and walk around! You did it! :) What a miracle.
ReplyDeletehooray for babies, and lots of them at once!
ReplyDeleteI am catching up on my Google Reader reading since we were out of town for a couple days and I could not be happier to read this post! HOORAY for you all! I'm glad they are all here safely and hope that things continue to go well while you're in the hospital. Much love to you guys, those kids are beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHH oh my gosh!!!! The babies are AMAZING and so PERFECT! I am so happy for you two, congratulations! Jo, you will be the best mommy ever.... and holy crap you will have the best practice out of all of your old buddies back home :) Triplets... wow. Still can't believe it! So proud of you and happy :) love you lots jojo.
ReplyDeletecongratulations to you both
ReplyDelete