Setting goals in this pregnancy has felt a lot like New Years. There is all this anticipation and build-up. Then the time arrives and you realize you just have to keep on going. I never did like that holiday. :)
However, I am happy to have finally made it into the thirties. Every extra day is super important but we are feeling much better about things.
After my birthday weekend I continued to have contractions regularly (every 5-7 minutes) so my perinatologist came in to check things out. Sure enough, although the contractions don't hurt, they are decreasing the length of my cervix slowly. I was down to 6mm. Barely any cervix and my bag of water for Baby A has started to bulge. As a result, I was started on a medication called Indocin which is actually a treatment in premature babies to help close their heart valves. In my case, it apparently helps by shrinking the bag of water and allowing the cervix to close again. This is our hope. Because the medication can affect the babies if used long term (don't want those valves closing when they shouldn't), doctors recommend only taking the meds for 48 hours no more than twice in a pregnancy.
We survived another week though and the peri was back yesterday to check things out again. As before, contractions are continuing to thin me out but my cervix was back up to 9mm. The bag of water is not bulging. We feel so blessed and grateful that the medication worked! Basically, I could make it a couple more weeks or things could change very soon. We're prepared for anything but certainly want more time!
The babies seem to still be growing at a consistent rate which is important in a multiples pregnancy. This was my most painful ultrasound because my skin is so stretched now and doc had a difficult time getting the pictures he needed. They are pretty mangled and mixed up in there with heads and body parts pretty deep in my abdomen. He got what he needed though and felt these weights were fairly accurate.
Baby A: 2 lbs 10 oz
Baby B: 2 lbs 13 oz
Baby C: 3 lbs 8 oz
Ya, we know. Baby C is going to be a chunk compared to the others. I just hope they all get out of the micro-preemie range soon!
Being on bedrest has really made me long for Christmas and camping/hiking/mountain air. Weird combination but I can't take responsibility for my needs at this point. Seven weeks in the hospital on Friday and let me tell you, daytime television isn't all it is cracked up to be. :) Sorry no pics. I feel like my nose has grown two sizes and my stretch marks are definitely not something to get excited about.
New Years day is my birthday! Sounds like you are doing pretty good though. I will keep my fingers crossed and you keep your legs crossed and hopefully they will cook a little longer. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Now it is a mental game. Well, game implies fun and I know it is not too much fun at this point. But you made it to the 30's. Huge!!!! Thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry...I messed up my last comment!
ReplyDeleteANYWAY: WAY TO GO! You are amazing! We think of you often and are rooting for you!
You've been amazing. I was nervous for the rain this week but it seemed to have not been so bad. Hang in there. You and the babies will be fine. Brandt and Hunter are excited for more multiples in the ward.
ReplyDeleteKeep goin' girl! Your doing Awesome!
ReplyDeleteWe pray for you nightly! I am so glad that you are at 30weeks! That is music to my ears. Keep it up! Truly the Lord loves you and wants to send this choice spirits to your family. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteOh man. You are a trooper!!
ReplyDeleteWay to make it to the 30 week mark! AAA! SO excited for you guys!!
Random/funny (to me) story:
At our family reunion, I was telling my siblings about a friend from my BYU ward who moved to TX who was having triplets- and how I could conceivably handle twins, but didn't think i could manage triplets, and esp. as my first ones, etc. etc. And how she's been on bedrest at the hospital for several weeks and how amazing I think she is, etc. etc.
My SIL then says there's a girl in her ward in the Exact Same Situation. We were like- woah! That's crazy!!
Turns out it was/is YOU. haha. Somehow I never realized you moved to PLANO, Texas. That's where I grew up! I went to Plano East HS- You're in my parents' stake, and my brother's (neldon & randi Hadfield)ward.
Crazy. :)
Hang in there, girl. :)
Oh Jo...the story above from your friend Tawna is sooo funny. We live in a small world!!
ReplyDeleteWe are all so excited for week 30. Everyone here in California is celebrating!! Next goal....week 31 and your 5th wedding anniversary!!
We love you sweetheart and would love to see pics, but understand why your not posting them. I just hope your at least taking them for posterity. xoxoxMOM
keep thinking of you:) ila, kyle and warren
ReplyDeleteWow 30 weeks already! That's great news! Keep those babies chunky!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they are hanging in there! You're so amazing for all you are doing for these babies!! We think of you guys often and hope things continue to go well!
ReplyDelete