Then....
one day he crawled and pulled up. Like he had had enough and just decided to do it! He's really good at crawling too...seems like he's been doing it for a while now. HOWEVER, he's pretty bulky and has problems moving quickly. His reaction time isn't great either so he has a ton of bruises on his face from falling on the tile. I was actually embarrassed to take him out today thinking someone would assume I had hit him. No one turned me into CPS luckily.
Here's the big guy on the move!
Now that all three of them can crawl, story time feels like Planet of the Apes. They are crawling up my arms, clawing at my face, pulling my hair, sucking on my shorts, biting me knee, drooling all over, etc... It's pretty wild. Really though, they usually corner me and I have to hold the book high in the air so they can't attempt to destroy it. We always have a good laugh and Clark snapped a picture of the chaos.
Here's a picture from our latest swimming adventure. Lately the babies like to sit on the edge more than be in the pool. We're teaching them how to lean forward and fall into our arms. Leah WILL NOT do it. Not a risk taker. Zachary is all over it. You barely have time to set him on the ledge before he's leaning toward the water! Caleb will do it with a LOT of persuading. He's pretty cautious. Amazing how different they are from each other!
Crawling has instilled a new sense of independence for the babies. Unfortunately, this independence has made our swimming outings miserable. They HATE to be in their swimming floaties because they can't really move at all. They have no freedom...they just have to sit there so after about 10 minutes of crying, we call it a day and get the babies out of the pool. They are fine if you hold them one at a time but that still leaves a third baby crying to get out which ruins all the fun. After our last swim of ten minutes, we got the babies out and got them dressed. They were all super happy to be out of the pool so we snapped some photos.
Swimming has been fun but seriously, this heat is insane. After 7am we don't go outside because it's suffocating. Please please send some cooler temperatures our way soon!
P.S. One more month of formula...HALLELUJAH!
They are looking less like babies and more like little kids. It's crazy how fast they grow up! So cute!
ReplyDeleteSo fun for Caleb now! I wish we had a pool or cooler weather as well...I'm about to die from this heat!
ReplyDeleteHey JoSue! I love your blog posts! I really like the one of you reading to them. That is crazy! I have a 2 month old and to me, that is busy and crazy! I can't imagine 3 baby's crawling around! You are one tough mama! Well, I hope all is well with you! Take care!
ReplyDeleteYea they are all crawling! How fun. What adorable kids you have. Love Leah's brown dress.
ReplyDeletei love the picture of storytime! i don't know how you do it, you must be super mom!
ReplyDeleteReading time is difficult with Hazel too.. she just wants to tear up the book! I'm so excited for Caleb... yeaa!
ReplyDeleteTHEY ARE SO CUTE! just to let you know I've found out that a lot of my friends look at your blog from mine and love your cute triplets- and may I just say YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING for having three at the same time, I finally have three now and the first month was definitely quite the month! you two are great parents- and now they are just weeks from walking, wow wow that went fast! I love the picture of them attacking you while reading JoSue, way too adorable.
ReplyDeleteThere are getting so big and so dang cute!!!
ReplyDeleteOh these pics are SO cute Jo!!! Crazy how big and grown up they all look now- not such babies anymore. I can only imagine how much work it must be to take them all places- especially with them all on the move! You're incredible though!! I'm SO looking forward to driving through in October and seeing you all! Right now we're just waiting for Clark to get here- the girls are so excited to eat breakfast with him. Just sad it's such a short visit.
ReplyDelete