Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jump for Joy!

So I try to be on the cutting edge of new and exciting toddler activities in the area. Once a location or activity becomes popular and overrun, I lose interest.   Mainly because of the correlation between the amount of kids and the amount of germs.  Also because it's harder to keep track of three toddlers amidst chaos.  I just want to go somewhere awesome that all the other kids in the city don't know about.  Wishful thinking.  There are five public libraries around us and I'm currently on the search for the PERFECT undiscovered toddler story time.  You know, the one that has an awesome reader, is super engaging, and there are only a few kids there.  Haven't found it.  I'm still hopeful.

There was a new indoor trampoline park that opened up near us a few months ago.  It came on my radar through another multiple mom and I immediately knew I wanted the kids to try it out.  It was New Years Eve Day so Clark was home from work which was perfect.  We took the kids and they loooooooooooooooooooooved it.  Caleb could've stayed another hour.  He loved being in his imaginary world, running around, no limitations.  There were three long, connected trampolines and three HUGE bounce houses.  I mean, this place was our dream come true.  Three toddlers running wild and free, burning tons of energy, and we're just watching.  :)




There was a moment when all three kids were bouncing on the tramps and laughing so hard.  I couldn't help but smile the whole time while watching and I'll admit I got a little teary-eyed because they were so happy.  They were experiencing pure joy with something so simple and didn't have a care in the world.  Just total joy.  Of course Clark and I were super jealous because we wanted to jump so badly.  The adult trampolines looked awesome but we hadn't paid to jump on them and had to stay with the kids anyway.  We talked about how crazy we both used to be on the tramp and how it'd be fun to do some of our old tricks again.  So that following weekend, I got a babysitter and told Clark we were going jumping!

We paid for an hour of jumping and tried to hurry so as not to waste any time!  That was all in vain though because after 15 minutes, we needed a serious break.  We were totally out of energy.  Ha!  We were laughing at how pathetic we were and how old we felt.  It was very apparent that we were not limber teenagers anymore and those tricks that seemed so simple before were almost scary now!  It felt so great though to get out of our element and at least try to pretend we're still young.  I'm pretty sure we were the oldest people there.  I wore my Justin Bieber shirt just so the other high schoolers would know we were hip and legit.  :)  The next day we dealt with major soreness and a minor shoulder injury but all in all, it was a good time.  And also a good measure of our current abilities and inabilities.  We promised to go when we were 40 to assess our pathetic-ness once again.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I'm so jealous, way to go Jo on having the best date night ever. I think if I went to a place like that 1 of 3 (probably all 3) would happen. a) pee my pants. b) give birth. c) be too scared to try any of my old tricks. I hate being old, I have fears:(

    empty story times with great leaders are non existant here. It's depressing. But I guess that is a good way for me to judge if we will be bored, how many people are in attendance.

    love the JB shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really made me laugh! If it makes you feel any better, we think bowling is another activity that can show your age and (non)agility--Brendon nearly threw out his back when we went for New Year's. It's a good yearly assessment of our physical status. Now one of his resolutions is a stronger core. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. did clark tell you I used to think I was training him for the olympics on our trampoline. I had serious hopes for that boy and would drill him hard and force him to perform routines I had envisioned on the tramp...he was a great little brother. :-) (and I was a little too intense of a big sister)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! looks fun!! can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete