Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Number 28...

When Clark asked me what I wanted this year for my birthday, I really could not think of anything. Or at least not anything that was important enough to spend money on right away. So I wasn't much help to him with ideas; however, he had no problem coming up with a great way to celebrate my day. He came home Friday with a sheet of paper that was to be my Birthday Itinerary for the next day. That's right up my alley. Details, plans, times, etc... so I was all about it.

The only thing I didn't follow through with on the itinerary was going to Chuy's.  I decided I wanted to hit up the annual library book sale after yoga which took up some time so then I just grabbed some lunch at our favorite fresh Mexican place Chipotle.  


Yoga was great.  I'm still sore for days after I do it but I love it.  After a good workout, I showered at the club and got ready for the rest of my festivities, including a pedicure with Leah.  She was so excited to get her nails painted with me and honestly, I think that was exactly what I wanted for my birthday....some one on one time with my favorite girlfriend.  We soaked our feet together then she got some pink on her nails.  Then I got an AWESOME pedicure complete with a hot rock massage.  Never had that before!





It was great.  I felt very pampered and relaxed.  Now Leah has a freak out every morning when she sees her toes and remembers what we did together.

Last but not least, the birthday cake.  Clark said he had something in mind this year that I "had never made or had before."  So my interest was peaked and he kept it a huge secret.  He spent two hours on it while I was away at Yoga, the book sale, and lunch.  It was a beautiful cake made completely out of fruit!



We all sat down to admire it and did NOT want to eat it because of how hard he worked on it.  However, the kids could no longer contain themselves so they dug it and ate most of it as their lunch that day.  I was already full from my lunch so I just had a little for dessert.


We celebrated a few days early since my birthday fell on a Monday and would likely be a normal day full of drama and timeouts.  So lucky for me I got a WHOLE birthday weekend plus my actual day... which was indeed full of kid drama but much less than usual.  And it even ended with visits from friends and watching the Bachelorette.  Perfect!  :)  Even though I sometimes feel isolated because of having three toddlers (makes it hard to develop many friendships and relationships), all those feelings disappeared this birthday because I was reminded of all the special people I already have in my life.  I felt very loved through calls from family, a couple cards and gifts in the mail, and some yummy treats from ward friends.

28 was a good one.  Now I'm headed to the fridge to dig into leftover birthday treats!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Love it. Glad you had a great birthday and a husband who loves to shower you with surprises!! xoxox MOM (and a pretty special 'girlfriend' to hang out with!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME birthday! Dang! I'm shocked at how great Clark did! I mean, I know he's great and all, but making that fruit cake... WOW!! Loved the typed up itinerary too. I'm gonna need to have Spencer get on here and read this post for future ideas! Glad it was a HAPPY birthday for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete