Tuesday, June 15, 2010

21 Week Report

Saw my specialist yesterday for the regular three-week appointment. Nothing too exciting to report but I need to report nonetheless...otherwise I'll never remember. The fluid accumulation has now resolved which was great news. The babies were VERY squirmy so he had a hard time getting the measurements he needed or profile pictures. Sorry, nothing to show. The unofficial weights from the appointment are:

Mom: 27 pounds heavier! I have 2.5 pounds of baby so obviously the rest of it has gone straight to my hips! I currently have gained the normal amount for a singleton pregnancy and am only 20.5 weeks. I have a feeling I'll be passing the husband's weight by the time this is over. :)
Baby A (girl): 12 ounces
Baby B (boy: 15 ounces
Baby C (boy): 15 ounces
The boys are totally ganging up on our girl and stealing all the nutrients! Figures. Hopefully the weight discrepancy doesn't get any bigger.

New pregnancy symptom: Heartburn. Apparently 50% of pregnant women get this so the odds are not with me. Let me tell you, never having had this before...it is horrible! It really feels like someone burned me with a curling iron right there.

Nothing seems to be able to cool me down from these hot, Texas days. I sleep with two ice packs just to cool my feet and hands. The bathroom at the hospital yesterday was so cold I just hung out in there for a while before my appointment. Ha! We did just buy a small swamp cooler that I'll just use at nights since it doesn't cool down here at all. Hopefully that will help. Seriously, I don't remember what it felt like to be cold...

In good news, the babies are much more active and I can feel lots of kicking. Mostly from Baby C on my left side but it's probably just due to his position. It's kind of fun knowing that what I'm feeling isn't stomach rumblings. Baby A's head is RIGHT on my bladder so I definitely feel her moving at times. Baby B is very quiet over on the right. He's still breech and will occasionally roll around but that's it.

I feel more tired everyday and just hope these babies are getting what they need. Things are fine though and are looking good for me to be able to attend the movie Eclipse on opening weekend! YES. Keep your fingers crossed!!

xoxo

P.S. Had my baby shower last week. Very fun! Pictures are on my other blog.
P.S.S. I got a fortune cookie yesterday that said, "A thrilling time is in my immediate future." I have a feeling that might come to pass....

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love reading about your multiples, I promise it is not boring! Do you have any names picked out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are still going well. I never had heart burn until I was pregnant either and it is awful! Drinking milk or milkshakes yum! Worked for me to make better most of the time. That and small frequent meals. We'll bewitching for more news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhh! I had the worst heart burn ever! I'm so so sorry! Prilosec was the only thing that sort of worked and I took it every day for the last 4 months.

    ReplyDelete