
I called this a Sympathy belly last time. My mistake. It's an EMpathy Belly. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture with Clark in it. He was in front of a class so the picture taking opportunity was a bit awkward. HOWEVER, he said that as soon as he sat down he had to go to the bathroom! FINALLY....a little bit of empathy for all my bathroom breaks. :)
I wanted to record a little bit about the lamaze class we attended. This class was only for mothers of multiples and surprise, surprise...we were the only triplets in there. Everybody else was expecting twins. We got special treatment though so no complaints.
The class took place two Saturdays in a row at the hospital where we'll be delivering.
~We talked about pre-term labor which I'm at high risk for. How to recognize the signs and what to do.
~We practiced breathing and relaxation techniques during labor. Although I'm set for a C-section, we still participated in the exercises because that meant shoulder and back massages for me! YaY! Only problem was that Clark wanted to be the one laying on the ground and getting a massage.
~We talked in detail about the process of C-sections and what to expect. Our instructor even found a C-section for triplets which was really interesting. Brought tears to our eyes. We're still unsure if the tears were out of excitement or fear! :) Those babies were out in less than two minutes though!
~We talked about preemies and some of the complications that can arise. Our babies will be small so we're expecting to be driving back and forth to the hospital for a little bit.
~We toured the NICU and got to see the PODS where the babies stay. There are 48 beds in the NICU which is huge and our hospital has the highest ranking of care for their NICU. That's reassuring and the tour was so helpful in giving us an idea of what to expect.
~Of course there was talk about epidurals which I purposely tuned out. It will all be done behind me so no reason to watch it be done to someone else. Enough said. I did meet a girl at the Doctor's office who said she LOVED her C-section because she literally could not feel one thing. So....that's comforting, I guess.
Clark even admitted to being grateful for the class. I think we learned enough to be prepared but still hold a bit of ignorance so as not to freak us out. All I have to say is that I am SOOO glad it is June and one more month is in the record books. Some other records in the books is the weather here and my weight. 100+ degree weather all summer just isn't going to cut it. I will die. It also doesn't help that I've gained three pounds a week for the past three weeks. Hmmmm...maybe I should choose low fat ice cream. ;)
I would highly recommend this class to any person pregnant with multiples. I have never taken a singleton class but the multiples class, I assume, covers preterm labor and c-sections in more depth. Being able to recognize preterm labor is super important and we spent the majority of the day on this topic. Well worth the time.
Belly shot: 20 weeks.
How great that the hospital has a program like that to help you feel more comfortable and prepared. Hospitals are a scary place to me but I figure I will have to get used to it sometime if I would like to deliver babies with the help of modern medicine. I am about to eat a delicious lunch in the Heritage cafeteria. Good luck with the heat!
ReplyDeleteok, so i am a little dissapointed that i didn't get to see the picture of clark with the belly on... i will just have to use my imagination, which... is still pretty funny. :)
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute! I can't believe there are three (three!) little people in there. Completely amazing.
ReplyDeleteIt's so fun that you know the sexes now. I think if I had triplets, 2 boys and a girl would be perfect. No girly cat fighting, and two big brothers to protect that little sister. It's going to be so fun! :)
My dad is a triplet, 3 boys! Oh the stories my grandma used to tell.
I think we'll have to go to a class just to see James wear one of those empathy bellies. awesome. ps- can we ever see your face in your side shots? =)
ReplyDeletejo- you seriously look so small! can not believe there are three babies in there! amazing! that's awesome you guys did a lamaze class for multiples! and I also would have LOVED to see clark in the empathy suit! :) we missed you so much at the reunion! it was so fun to see and hang out with clark...adley is totally missing him! :-) it wasn't quite the same without you though! love you, love you! hang in there with all those babies!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous of your belly! I literally was not even showing at 20 weeks with ONE little baby in my belly! Which was nice because I didn't have to buy my first pair of maternity pants until about 25 weeks, BUT I just looked FAT until about 30 weeks! I always wished I could just have a cute little round belly that made it obvious I was pregnant and not just chubby.
ReplyDeleteOf course I didn't have triplets, but I did have a c-section in January and it really wasn't that bad. I had a lot of time to prepare mentally and it because it was scheduled I had 0 contractions or labor pains. So I guess that is a plus :)
ReplyDeleteI would have paid big money to have a picture of Clark in the empathy belly suit!! Group setting or not, you could have used the pic as a bride!! And don't worry about buying the low fat ice cream....you will be running around like crazy when the babies arrive and your weight will drop off over night!!
ReplyDeleteWe missed you so much at the family reunion. Pictures just weren't the same without you:( xoxoxMOM
OPPS!! I meant to say that you could use the picture of Clark as a BRIBE--not bride!! You can tell that I have Bobby's wedding on my mind.....
ReplyDeleteYay, you found out!! Looks like there will be another Hannah Jo on the books! I am so excited to know what you are having, and you look so good!! What do you still need..now that you have had your shower? We need to chat soon..I'll be calling.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading about your experience with lamaze class- that's really cool that it was specifically for multiples. I remember in my lamaze class there was a gal pregnant with twins. It's gonna be cool hearing about your labor, delivery, and first time parent experience. I just hope you're not too tired to write it all down! :) Love you so much! We think about you and pray for you and the babies daily!
ReplyDelete