Saturday, October 9, 2010

Home at Last

Today was the big day. The trio was reunited again after almost five weeks in the NICU. The NICU said to come back for halloween and dress the babies up. Probably won't. However, my attitude should not discount the care they received there. The doctor and nurses were great. I'm just happy to be gone after over three months of that place.

Last night I decided to 'room in' with Zachary although I didn't do it with the other two. I was so anxious about him having another bradycardia hours before he was able to leave like the last couple times. Rooming in allows the baby to be taken off the monitors. So I cheated a bit. Of course I don't want anything bad to happen.....but I just wanted him home. He was very good all night and ate well. We had our own seperate room and even got to order breakfast in the morning. The nurses were all excited about that but I told them I had eaten off the breakfast menu way too many times to get any sort of excited about it.

The babies eat every three hours.....regardless if they are awake or not. It seems wrong to wake them up from such peaceful sleep. Until they are on the normal weight and growth scales, they need to eat regularly. This ordeal takes about 1.5 hours. That leaves a little over an hour to get anything done we need to....like shower or eat. Add 30 minutes of pumping to my schedule and I barely have time to sit before starting all over. Not sure how long the three-hour schedule will need to be kept but it might eventually cause a little craziness here. We have a night nanny starting tomorrow night whose job is to get up and feed babies so hopefully that will provide some relief from the late-night feedings.

Today we put on their Dr. Suess onesies for picture time. I had this other cute idea in mind but the babies would have none of me putting them in certain positions. They are getting strong and feisty. Sooo....we just laid them there. Lots of laughing followed though to see them interact and touch each other. Notice the size different between Thing 1 and Thing 2. Caleb is over two pounds bigger!



Caleb's first bath. His weight for his one month check was 6 lbs 10 oz. Leah's weight was 5 lbs 3 oz.



More onesies



For some reason Caleb seems to be the only one pictured. We think he's hilarious and could just sit and laugh at him all day.

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I bet it feels AWESOME to finally have everyone home, sleeping (or what little you're getting these days:) under the same roof! Thanks for posting video. It was ADORABLE and SO fun to see them all together (wearing my favorite of the onesies made)! PLEASE do that regularly (like a video a day:)! I'm DYING to show the girls their new cousins! Miss you guys TONS! Oh, and do you need more baby girl clothes (what sizes do you have the most and or least of). Mom's bringing some that Elle grew out of while we were there, but I have more if you need. I know your sister already sent you a bunch and I don't want to overwhelm you with clothes. Anyway, just let me know! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! Love the video, and love all the little squeaks coming from those little ones. I'm so glad to hear that your little family is finally together at home! And how nice will that be to have a nurse around at night for feedings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Cute!!!!! We can't wait to meet these little ones. I am struggling with not being able to come see them until Thanksgiving! Hopefully they won't be all grown up by then.
    Love you guys, Daddy/Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about your new little family!!! I am so happy for you and being able to bring all your little ones home!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! Sooo happy you're all home! I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading this blog. YOu guys are THE cutest parents! I miss you sooo much. YOur babies are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In less than two weeks, there will be a grandma there for each child - wahoo!!! Well, the three of us there for just one day, but that will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! LOVE the video! hope you guys are hanging in there! you must be exhausted! I can't even imagine! Heard about the night nanny and the lack of cable :) so funny! love all 5 of you guys!

    ReplyDelete