Thursday, October 28, 2010

Zero Day!

What better way to celebrate a zero birthday than in a birthday suit! Grandma Rudd acted as the photographer today and got some pretty good photos!



There's NO WAY I could've carried the babies to this day. The longest I've ever heard of someone carrying triplets was 37 weeks. Even then I was surprised that the doctor went that far. Point is, October 28th was my original due date. Today the trio is 7 weeks and 2 days old.

I definitely won't pretend that feeding and caring for triplets is easy. We've had help since they were born and a night nanny. However, it is so much fun to have three completely different personalities in the house to laugh at and watch change everyday. There hasn't been a triple meltdown at the same time yet so we're considering ourselves lucky. Still just a lot of grunting and groaning. However, last night I felt like I was doing that game where you rub your stomach and pat your head. I was rocking a bouncer with my foot, feeding Zachary, and holding off Leah with a pacifier. Meanwhile we were all watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. They seemed to like that one. :) I let them watch all my chick flicks in the middle of the night.

Leah visited the Ear Nose Throat doctor this week. Of course you walk away paying $40 having a doctor see you for about three minutes but I would rather have that then a major problem. He felt her chin and said he doesn't expect the lump to come back. Still not really sure what it was. Possibly a clogged salivary gland. We will go back in six months though to follow up about her nose and if her stenosis has improved.

She was pooped out when we got back...



Here's a good idea of how the chins keep multiplying on our little man. Not so little anymore!



The boys playing in their monkey outfits.



Dad and the trio after a good meal.



Grandma Nelson went back to Idaho last weekend. She couldn't decide which baby to take...then she decided she didn't want to get up every three hours in the night and left them all with me. :) We sure loved having her here though!

6 comments:

  1. They are getting big!! They are all so cute. And I love the naked pics. Way fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! It looks like you guys had some success with your photo shoot! I LOVE your new top header pic! And those naked little bums are killing me!!! Sooooo ADORABLE!!! They all are getting SO big SO fast!!!! Wish I could come out for another visit. But I definitely don't envy you and your all hours of the night feedings. Makes me tired just thinking about it. And I thought having one newborn was hard- I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...these pictures were fun and crazy all at the same time!! But we were happy they turned out. We hope on Saturday to do the ones where you take pictures of Clark and/or Jo holding the babies in your hands. Also the feet ones...we shall see. Love these babies!! They are so precious!! xoxoxoxoGram

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my leah look at your cheeks! you're catching up to caleb! go girl! and keep eating zachary and you'll get there too! :) CUTE CUTE CUTE pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are growing so fast! I love the nakey picture. Baby bums are so cute!
    Jo, you have definitely earned the title of Uber Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it looks like things are falling into some kind of routine for you. They are sooo cute! Triple the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete