Photos courtesy of Gram!
Zachary
Caleb
Leah
These next pictures (including the one at the top of the blog) were taken for their three-month birthday!
I received these outfits at my baby shower and I think they are super cute. However, I've never had the boys next to each other while wearing them. They started to look like jail cellmates thinking up ways to break out of this place!
"I wish my prince charming would come save me from my crazy mom, gram, and brothers." -Miss Leah
Zachary hittin on the ladies already!! Friend Hazel getting nice and snuggly with him.
"Your hair smells really nice." -Zachary
Clark had a bear when he was little named....Beary. Beary has survived years of neglect while Clark grew up and left to college. Now Beary has found new friends and feels loved all over again. Caleb and him cuddled during a nap yesterday so Caleb wouldn't feel so lonely in his crib.
*I know there are not supposed to be any blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, etc... in cribs with babies. This was merely for the picture. :)
So a question I frequently get asked is how we feed all the babies. The one and only book about triplets has a section on breastfeeding triplets and that it can be done.
I'm sure it can. Just not by me. The lactation consultants at the hospital always assumed I would be breastfeeding, not just pumping, once the babies came home. When I would tell them I really wasn't planning on it they acted so surprised and promptly ended what little conversation we were having.
Point is, these babies get bottles with formula. At first when we brought them home we had to pay close attention to each baby while feeding for fear of them choking or not breathing. Now that we are a little past that and they are all better eaters (for the most part), we can feed two at a time. Clark, his mom, and I have all seemed to master the tandem bottle feed. It's always pretty hysterical. Both babies get propped in boppys on each side of you. Then you feed them each with one hand and when it comes to burping, the other one just has to wait patiently. Recently while Caleb is waiting to be burped, he ends up burping himself....which saves us both time and gives us a good laugh. He doesn't have time to wait around! Last night I was really proud because I changed, fed, burped, and wrapped two babies in 30 minutes! YES! Feeding two at a time, I decided, depends on three things:
Burpability of the baby
Ferver with which the baby eats
No hold ups at the diaper change
If all three of those elements are in place, we're looking at a sub 30-minute feeding. Love it. Haven't quite figured out how to get that third baby fed at the same time without bottle propping. I'll have to think on it.
These pictures are so cute!! I love the jail birds....it looks like they're scheming!! We had better watch our backs Jo.
ReplyDeleteAnd Jo forgot to add a 4th element of our goal of feeding under 30 minutes...how long it takes the baby to burp. We spend most of our time pounding their backs:(
xoxoMOM
30 minutes! Amazing Joey! I can't even get Addison fed in 30 minutes and there is just one of her. Let's get together this week so I can get some good pics with your little ones.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I like to see, the babies dressed in proper football attire! I am so surprised they are so smiley, that is great.
ReplyDeleteThose are some darn cute kids!! I love keeping up with your blog and I'm sure that in the future you'll love to look back and read it all. What great parents you are!
ReplyDeletehahaha. good thing hazel had a bath before she came over! they look hilarious in that picture. hope to see y'all soon!
ReplyDeletethe good news is, if you train them properly, they will soon be able to hold their own bottles! WOO HOO! I'm only commenting on this post, but loved both of them! I especially loved Leah's little head band. So insanely cute! And is that little fat roll on Zach's chin??? LOVE IT! So happy to see that you guys are doing so well. You make raising triplets out to look like such a simple task! Love and hugs to all!
ReplyDeleteWhat precious little babes, Jo! I can't believe that they are already 3 months old....They look so healthy and so perfect. I don't know how you do it all and keep up with everything. Will you please share some of your superpower with me?!! Love you and missed seeing you over Christmas :(
ReplyDelete