SO...
since we were all iced/snowed in, I decided it would be a great time to do errands! These are house errands and the babies actually enjoy it. I put them all in the triplet stroller and push them from the living room to the kitchen to the bedroom to the family room to the laundry room doing all sorts of tasks and errands on the way. We stop and they look around while I do whatever I'm doing then we go to another area. I think they like looking at something new once in a while.
Here's the mammoth triplet stroller. I love, love, love it! It was GENEROUSLY given to be by a member of my church who didn't have triplets but three small children. I am SO grateful because these things are not cheap. The trio isn't quite ready for it yet because they have to be able to sit up but around the house it isn't a big deal. I just prop with blankets. I can't wait to take this thing out regularly! That is Zachary in front. Don't be confused by the pink blanket. I grab what is within my reach. Leah second, Caleb third.
While we were already trying out some new fun things, we decided to try out the triplet table too!!! Get excited for lots of pictures in this thing...
Again, they aren't quite ready for it, plus they aren't eating solid food anyway. They kept throwing their heads around and hitting them on the plastic seats. We'll try this again another time. :) Fun to see what's ahead though. Great Grandma and Grandpa got this for the trio and we think it is SO awesome. The babies did too.
We also tried out the Bumbos! We have put them in occasionally to see how they are progressing with their head and back strength. During the snow days they were looking pretty good! They do fatigue pretty quick though so we don't do the Bumbos for long.
The temperature was seriously so cold here for a few days. Our home is old and drafty so I was worried that the babies were too cold. Because I swaddle the heck out of them at night I don't dress them very warm for sleeping. But during the day we busted out these fleece sleep sacs which were PERFECT for the cold days. My friend who also had triplets gave these to me. She had two girls and a boy...hence the colors. Zachary wore his yellow just fine though!
The babies liked to keep up to date with all the snowfall other places. Caleb got online to see what was going on and couldn't believe the snow in Chicago. CRAZY!
The babies also liked chillaxing in the swings. I put Zachary on a silk blanket in the swing and came back to this...
He was almost out! He's a little squirmer.
We also did lots of reading. This picture is not a great representation since it is VERY rare to have all three babies awake the same time and have them be alert also. Usually one is tired or eating or whatever. So when they are all awake it's fun to read.
Now that the weather has turned around, we ventured in the backyard and sat under some umbrellas. Leah and Zachary are terribly sensitive to bright lights so I had to use dark blankets over the umbrellas. That seemed to do the trick. They all liked being outside though. Caleb laid out there for almost an hour! Leah was just concerned about getting a little sun to her legs. She's got to get ready for swimsuit season!
The babies wanted to wish everyone a happy love day! Three times the love here at our house (Caleb has serious camera phobia. He has the CUTEST, gummiest smile but as soon as the camera appears, his smile disappears).
They are really adorable! Love the updates and seeing them grow.
ReplyDeleteThe triplet table looks like a hit, so does the stroller. I miss these babies, they are just growing like crazy.
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day! I Love You guys, Papa
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh your babies are so cute. i'm so glad you post so often. they are so cute i feel like i need a weekly triplet fix! :)
ReplyDeleteand i love caleb's camera face. ha.
Jo...this is the cutest post!! You are doing such a great job of talking us thru the picture and telling us what is going on or what the babies are thinking!! I love the triplet stroller and BZ in the pink blanket....and the trio in the triplet table is priceless. I will call Grandpa and Grandma Rudd to tell them to log on and see what a good fit the table is for the babies.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures really made me miss you all....xoxoxoGram/MOM
Oh my gosh, I SO need that stroller!! Having 3 kids under 4 is so tough at the mall, the airport, walks, etc. Caleb on the computer.. hahahaha lol. They're all SO stinkin cute!!! :) You're such a good Mommy JoSue!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love that picture of Leah in the table!!
ReplyDeletelove the pics! can't wait to hang out with you guys! love you!!
ReplyDeleteThese pics are all so stinkin cute!! As crazy busy as I'm sure it is for you guys to raise triplets I can't help but only think of the fun that it is for them- to always have a friend to play with and hang out with. The 5 month old I watch every morning doesn't really like it when Elle tries to play with her, but then she got to hang out with another friend only a day older than her during our preschool group yesterday and she was thrilled about having someone's hand to hold, someone her size to look at, etc. Miss you guys tons!
ReplyDeleteJoSue - I LOVE reading about your precious little babies!! They are so darn CUTE!!! It's so funny how you wrote this! Leah waiting for the swimsuit season, and Caleb's camera phobia, etc. Too funny! We are so happy for y'all with your three cute little kids and you're all safe! :) - Bob & Teri Nine
ReplyDelete