By the time I finally got to working with Zachary and his sleeping through the night, I started to get real inconsistent with when I fed him overnight, how long I let him cry, etc... I think it was because by the third kid, I was just so anxious to get him to 12 hours that I skipped a lot of vital steps I practiced with the other two. I showed a lot of consistency with Caleb and Leah and they were having successful stretches of sleep right away. We had one REALLY bad night with Zachary. He slept from 6-10pm then cried from 10-12am, then woke up and cried at 2am, 4am, and 5:30am. The next night.....he slept from 6pm-4am, the next night he slept all the way through! This was all the while Caleb and Leah had been sharing a room. Apparently Leah is a loud sleeper. Typically from 5-6am she thrashes and groans but is still asleep. Unfortunately this would wake Caleb and he would start to cry which woke Leah all the way. So for three nights they were up crying around 5am. Yuck. Caleb is now in our closet and doing much better. Fortunately for him he'll move into the guest room as soon as Clark can move the crib. You'd think a four bedroom house would be big enough for three kids!! Nope, someone still ended up sleeping in a closet. :) We actually don't mind him in the closet because he is so quiet. He does sometimes wake up in the 5am hour but just lays there quietly. Such a sweet boy.
It's so interesting to think back to when we were house hunting. We were surprised at how few homes there were to choose from and the ones that were available in our price range weren't in the condition we'd hoped. So we viewed our current home the first day it had been on the market and didn't actually have it on our 'to look at' list. We put in an offer that night, as it was in our price range, with someone else's offer and luckily ours was accepted! It had four bedrooms which was kind of awkward because it was just me and Clark. We planned on having a workout room, sauna room, candy room, theater, etc... You name it, we were going to have it in one of our many rooms. Sadly, months went by and nothing happened with the rooms. We got lots of questions about why we bought such a big house and we always answered that it was just put right in front of us so we couldn't pass it up. Little did we know all the rooms would be filled a little over a year later! Strange....we know this home has been a HUGE blessing in all of this though. Crazy how things work out.
Here's some other five-month tidbits. Not much has changed since their four month mark. I've tried several times again to do rice with Zachary but he is clearly not ready. Oh, he is still eating fine and we are still using the Simply Thick. I'll probably change over to rice cereal as a thickener here in another month or so. Leah could really use a thickener in her bottles as well (I've been using half Simply Thick packets for her) so I'll probably use the rice cereal in her bottle soon. She does eat some vegetables at night with Caleb. All we've tried so far is squash. They seemed to like it all right but I know their little bodies are having to adjust to food which makes for some uncomfortable gas at times.
This past month a record was set in our house....
I changed FOUR dirty diapers in about 30 minutes. Seriously? They decided to make my life really interesting all at the same time.
I have been trying a couple different formulas. I used up all my free Enfamil, and since it is more pricey, wanted to change to a cheaper brand. I tried Costco and felt like it was such a thick, frothy formula. Enfamil was so smooth and I was obviously used to that. So I trialed Walmart Parent's Choice and that seems to be comparable to Enfamil's consistency although it smells so weird. I can't hardly smell it once it's mixed and wonder how these babies want to drink it every four hours. They do though. That's all that matters I guess.
We're moving along though and six months will be here before we know it! Here's some five month pics... The third one isn't that great of Leah but it makes me laugh. Check out their new five-month picture on the sidebar too!
*Photos courtesy of Gram
5 months really! I'll bet it all seems like a blur-you guys are amazing and Leah is getting so pretty! She totally looks like a petite little girl!
ReplyDeleteFive months really has flown!!! And can I just tell you how bummed I am that I can't come visit when Tisha and Karlee come out?! YOu guys are gonna have so much fun! At least I'll always be able to say that I got to see your kids first!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so great at recording their progress and updates. You will really love this, especially in a few years when you think back and wonder "how in heck did I survive with 3 newborns?!" Of course then you will have 3 toddlers and life will be even more interesting!! Sure love you, Clark and the babies. Thanks for letting me come and help with the mob. xoxoxMOM
ReplyDelete