Here's a little bit of a random sampling of our lives in pictures. This next week we go in for their nine month appointment. I'm excited to see Zachary's progress and growth and also to see how much weight Caleb has gained. More details to come!
The weather is heating up here so activities with the triplets seem more limited than ever. I can only go walk around the mall so many times. Going swimming is out of the question because I really need an extra hand since Zachary is such a mover. So the only time we really go outside is EARLY in the morning after they eat breakfast. The sun is JUST coming up so it's not that hot yet (although when we return home I'm in a full out sweat). We walk around the neighborhood and then I walk to the end of our street which runs perpendicular to a busy road. The babes like to watch all the commuter traffic fly by. We sure like our walks though! Every morning I try to talk myself out of going but since the babies like it so much, it's worth all the effort of loading and unloading.
When Clark is around, we do bust out the pool and shade canopy. Like I said, I usually don't do that kind of stuff alone. The babies don't really understand how to 'play' in water just yet. They just sit there and suck on their toys. It's more for Clark and me to just relax while the babies chill out. Here's Leah in her stylin' swimsuit and shades with a nice mohawk to top it off.
After the pool that day, we got the babies all washed and dried. They played in the living room while we cleaned up. Three naked babies rolling around is too funny.
I've recently introduced sippy cups. 99% of the time they just gnaw on the spout. They don't really get the head tilt or the different type of sucking yet. When I lay them down they are mostly successful though. I put a little bit of apple juice in the cups to see if that would peak their interest. Caleb sucked his dry and what do you know, Zachary threw his off the table. Apparently he doesn't like Apple Juice. Surprise.
In my recent attempts to get Zachary eating more, I read on a blog that a mom let her baby have his own bowl. He stayed distracted, felt involved, and typically ate more in one sitting. Sooo, in my desperation, I tried it. I HATE messes like this. I know, I have triplets and should get used to it. But the stickiness I can't stand and I was just as covered as he was. I mean, I always wear gloves when washing dishes and I NEVER use lotion because I just don't like anything on my hands. Well, this tactic did not work and I just had a big mess to clean up. Luckily, like I mentioned, he has turned a corner and eats much better without too many theatrics. Hopefully we can avoid these types of messes in the future (ya right huh?).
Bathtime has been streamlined once again. We used to do them all together then they were all getting to big to lay down side by side. So I was bathing one at a time. I didn't want to do all three again because Zachary is crazy and the other two still fall over easily. Someone gave me an idea of a bath mat and it has worked wonders. Rarely do Leah and Caleb topple over and the bath seat keeps Zachary contained and safe. So they are all three together again and it much easier and quicker.
Lastly, we have a bouncer that we are borrowing from a friend. All the babes like to play in it but don't really get the bouncing aspect. Until now! Leah has mastered the bounce and is hilarious to watch. Most of the time she ends up covered in throw up because of all the up and down motion but she sure loves it!
LOVE the video (as always)- keep em coming!! What a doll Leah is! I feel for you Jo with not being able to go out much cause you're kinda out numbered. In the mornings when I have my friend's baby I usually don't go out cause it's just too much work (and her nap time). It's hard cause that used to be my favorite time to get out with my girls. Luckily with the older they get the easier it will be to go and do things. What adorable kiddos you guys have- I seriously look forward to seeing new pics (and hopefully a video or two) every week!!! Love you guys tons! When are you heading out to Idaho? And aren't you just bringing Leah? How weird will that be- to just have one baby in tow. It's gonna feel like the easiest thing ever!! :) Have such a fun time!! xoxoxoxxo
ReplyDeleteleah's suit is TOO much! i love it so much! i think everything is just cuter in 3's. ;)
ReplyDeleteFound you on Multiples and More and I have triplets too. I agree that sometimes the thought of getting everyone ready to go out is overwhelming, but totally worth it! At least it is not as cold out, so there are less clothes to put on! :)
ReplyDeleteOkay now that I"m close to having three- i need to hear some words of advice from a three child mother! you need to make a post for me and other moms moving to three about how to do three! granted-your three are quite a bit more challenging then our three!
ReplyDelete