We always knew this guy would be the first to take off. He is just starting to discover how to move his knees forward so it's only a matter of time before I set him somewhere and come back to find him gone! We are looking into getting some gates to keep him contained. All of this development has coincided with a growth spurt. He finishes 3 out of 4 bottles without any help from me (which is unheard of) and has started eating two solid food feedings/day with the other two. He eats less than them....but he's eating nonetheless. He refuses to eat anything green so he's stuck on carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and oatmeal cereal. I don't really care because I'm just glad he'll let me stick a spoon in his mouth. Usually it still takes me about five minutes to convince him. Lots of gagging ensues....then he starts to eat. It's quite a production twice a day. But what isn't a production with our most dramatic child. He's still a little guy and probably always will be but we can never underestimate what he's capable of!
I was getting some video of him rocking and the other two thought he was so cool! This video is more of him moving and the next one is of them laughing and talking with each other. I love to see them interact more and always wonder what they're saying!
How cute!!! That's way cute how they talk to each other. I could totally hear the other two saying "Come on bud, you can do it!!"
ReplyDeleteCrawling is a fun stage, I don't know about having three babies crawling? :)
They are getting so big!
Thanks for the prayers btw!!! Wish we could hang out!!
Tressa
i know you don't know me but i have 5 children 6 and under (and my oldest only just turned 6 a couple weeks ago!) i have some random advice concerning solid food introduction. for any item a baby won't eat (ie green food), start by mixing just a small amount of it in with one of their favorite foods. i always start my kids on applesauce for that reason-it mixes well with EVERYTHING and every baby i've ever met has loved it. then, every time i introduce a new food, i mix it with applesauce, gradually decreasing the amount of applesauce and increasing the amount of the new food. this way, their little taste buds grow accustomed to the new flavor slowly. this has worked for getting all of my children (minus the littlest one who is not yet old enough for solid food) to eat just about any food i gave them (although each child still had a couple foods they didn't like plain, they would ANYTHING so long as it was mixed with at least one of their favorite foods). and get creative. babies have absolutely no preconceived notions of what foods "belong" together so don't hesitate to mix those green veggies with some orange foods or fruit!
ReplyDeletethat is adorable! I love how it seems that caleb and leah are just cheering zach on!! so fun! they will all be such best buddies!
ReplyDeleteThese videos are SO stinkin cute! Elle's gonna LOVE watching them tomorrow!! I'll be interested to hear how soon Zach starts crawling- my girls did the "rock" thing for a long time before they started crawling! I'm looking forward to seeing videos of the kids all crawling around after each other! :)
ReplyDeleteSo so cute!! I love the way they interact with one another. Leah and Caleb are rooting for Zachary and he's lovin' it! :)
ReplyDelete