Monday, June 13, 2011

The Sticker...

Holy cow! That's all I keep saying when I realize our little rascals are nine months old. It's not really the fact that they are seemingly growing and developing so rapidly, it's more that Clark and I have actually survived ALMOST a year with triplets. If anyone knows Clark and how freaked out he was about little babies, this is quite a feat. Now that the babies are a little older, they are definitely more fun to play and interact with which makes them much less scary to Clark so things are only getting better over here!

I went to their nine month appointment this past week by myself! This was the first time but honestly, it went so smoothly. I pushed two babies in the double stroller and carried the third. In the room waiting for the doctor, they just sat and played with their toys. Once Zachary got bored he crawled around the room but it's so small he couldn't go far. They each got one shot in their leg and a toe prick so it was definitely less traumatic than past appointments. After their shots I gave them their sippies with apple juice and they calmed right down! Done and done! I was already packed up and ready to go so we left with minimal drama. Score! Their one year appointment will have a lot more shots and they will, I'm assuming, all be more mobile so I'm not sure if I'll go alone again. For now though, I'm feeling pretty good. Here's their stats:

Leah Marie:

Weight: 19 lbs 4 oz (50th percentile)
Height: 26 3/4 inches (25th percentile)
Head: 17 1/4 inches (25th percentile)

Brian Zachary:

Weight: 16 lbs 1 oz (less than 3rd percentile)
Height: 26 1/4 inches (less than 3rd percentile)
Head: 17 inches (7th percentile)

Caleb Clark:

Weight: 21 lbs 13 oz (65th percentile)
Height: 27 3/4 inches (25th percentile)
Head: 18 inches (75th percentile)

They all seem to be doing great, growing at their OWN paces. Caleb and Zachary could not be any more different personality wise so they might as well be totally different physically! Can you believe these babies used to be our little preemies?

So, moving on...

I got a decal sticker. Do you like it???


I'm not usually the type of person to do this sort of thing. And maybe a time or two I've made fun of someone's decal sticker.

BUT...

When someone pulls up next to me and sees that:

1) My hair is a total mess, barely combed because some baby stuck their hands in it after I put it in a nice ponytail

2) There is no makeup anywhere to be seen on my face. I have limited time during the day so apparently I choose to do it blogging rather than applying makeup :)

3) I am not visible because I'm turned all the way around trying to calm someone, give back a dropped toy, or wake someone up because it's not nap time

4) I am shutting my eyes for the brief 45 seconds that I'm sitting down with the sun blaring down through the windows

5) Although I'm alone, I'm laughing hysterically at the simple thought of our lives with triplets

6) I'm crying hysterically at the thought of our lives with triplets OR

7) I'm am singing incredibly loud to a Glee soundtrack because honestly, I never knew what a release it is for me to turn up some loud music and sing my heart out. It pumps me up and makes me feel like I can conquer the day.

While I'm driving away and they check out my decal, I hope they will say to themselves, "oh....that makes sense."

Sooo don't make fun of me. I really like my sticker. I always look in my rear view mirror to see if I can see the person behind me looking at it. Clark keeps reminding me that not everything in the world revolves around my sticker. But if someone behind me is smiling or laughing in their car....I'm going to assume why. :) Really he should be loving the decal because when he is driving around the van, other men in their sports cars give him a nice understanding nod letting him know it's ok to be driving a minivan at such a young age. :) Ok enough about the sticker. But whenever he does drive our van I always think of this video...




If you liked that one, here's another funny one called "Swagger Wagon."

5 comments:

  1. JoSue, I love your sticker! I'll be the first to admit that they aren't all created equal, but yours is very cute. Good job. I can't believe your babies are getting close to the one year mark. They are so cute. And you, as usual, are amazing. Keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. those videos are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! Love the sticker. I think it is a good disclaimer. 9 months! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the sticker!!! I actually really like them. Maybe we'll get one someday- but for someone with triplets I'd definitely say it's something you HAVE to get! Good decision guys! Love the videos too- it's the Dad life! Awesome! I might have to steal that swagger wagon one when we finally break on through to the other side and get a mini van. Pretty sure it'll be happening this fall. Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post and of course, love the sticker as well. I am a huge fan of the "swagger wagon" video as well.
    PS. I'm sorry I haven't been helping on Sundays. We either haven't been there, leave early or I'm not feeling 100%...just wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't personal! If you ever want company during the day, the kids and I would love to come hang out! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete