Monday, November 7, 2011

Sickness Blah...

Well a little sickness bug crept it's way into our home this past weekend. Fortunately for the kids, their symptoms aren't nearly as bad as mine or Clark's. We seem to have been hit the hardest. We were glad it was the weekend so we could tag-team with the kids. One person would play and entertain while the other would sprawl out and be lazy on the couch. Considering the kids have managed to avoid any sickness up until now, we can definitely handle a few head colds as opposed to everyone having the flu or something more serious. Too bad the babies didn't take advantage of an extra hour of sleep to help fight their colds! Clark and I managed to be in bed at 8pm and got a nice ten hours of sleep though.

As a result of all the snotty noses, we decided to cancel the multiples playdate we were hosting (sad) and lay low instead. So this weekend was uneventful, to say the least, but surprisingly enjoyable! I felt like we spent a lot of quality time with the kids making sure we focused on each one individually and doing an activity each enjoyed. Zachary really needs one on one attention and behaves so well when you give it to him. Mostly because the other two aren't crawling all over him.

Here he is with some serious bedhead after a nap. He's wearing Clark's baby pajamas! Fit him perfectly!



Although sick, I was thrilled to finally receive some books in the mail that I'd ordered! My new year's resolution for 2011 was to start, finish, and order a baby book for each baby from their birth to their first birthday. I knew if I didn't do it during their first year, I wouldn't remember things and would eventually be so overwhelmed by the project I'd get discouraged to even start. So after ten months of working diligently and having to totally rework each book at month nine because of a sizing issue, they are finally finished! Hallelujah! With over 215 pictures per book as well as 80 pages per book, they were certainly worth the time and effort and I hope the kids will treasure them once they get older. I won't do individual books for them beyond these (just being realistic with myself) but will continue to do family albums for all of us.




These next pictures are old news from the BYU/TCU football game last weekend but I wanted to share anyway. Our friends invited us to the game with some tickets they'd received from a family member and when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised when the seats were on the front row! Best seats we've ever had for a football game! Unfortunately we lost but ESPN got a few good live video shots of our section (these pics were taken off of TV screens and texted to us from family and friends during the game). I guess if this is the way I get my 15 minutes of fame, I'll take it. :) This was Clark's fourth quarter angry face...



The next shot was the first quarter when BYU still had a chance so the crowd was full of energy. We're on the left side of the shot...


Lastly, I took this video for the Calhoun cousins to show that the kids are definitely learning their alphabet from the Fridge Phonics birthday gift they were given!



Clark thinks it's a fluke that they say the 'A' sound but I think it's legitimate. Now on to 'B'! We have a long way to go...

5 comments:

  1. awesome! glad they are liking it! it really is amazing how quickly they pick it up! so cute! sammy knows all his letter sounds now, thanks to letter factory, BECAUSE, sad to say, as kid #3 with an infant baby brother, I haven't been doing much direct teaching :0( way to go finishing up the first year books! Im very impressed! wow! they will LOVE them and treasure them forever! can't wait to see you and the trio (and clark :-) in a couple of weeks! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh oh bring those book when you come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the video and their talent for learning the letter A. Then...while Zach is side tracked, Leah steals some of his food!! And Clark...it is not a fluke for the triplets to start repeating their sounds this early!! Come on boy, keep reminding yourself about those 3 full ride scholarships to BYU!!

    Yes, bring the books with you, I'd love to see them. Definately a labor of LOVE!!

    xoxoxMOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok- so I'm SUPER impressed with your blog books. FIrst year books finished just 2 months after turning one?!?! Dang you're good. I'm sending Elle's 1st year book off this weekend and she's TWO!! Felt a little more pressure with kid #3 on the way! :) Hope you guys have all recovered from your sicknesses and are ready for your long drive ahead of you this week!!! Best of Luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute with the jammies! And really, I love that pissed look on Clark's face. A true blue fan. So fun for your moment of fame! I always scan crowds on tv cause I feel like we should see someone we know.

    ReplyDelete