Monday, October 31, 2011

Our Not-So-Halloweeny 2011...

Don't judge us. We really aren't anti-Halloween, but this year we were totally anti-costumes for the kids. For months we talked about all the popular trios we could dress them up as but as Halloween approached we became less and less excited about collecting, purchasing, organizing, and putting together three costumes. See reasons below:

Reason #1: Two of the babies can't even walk so the costumed trio wouldn't look quite right

Reason #2: The babies would not be attending any Halloween festivals or trunk or treats

Reason #3: They have no teeth to chew candy which would mean Clark would eat it all

Reason #4: They go to bed very early so they miss all the door trick-or-treaters

Reason #5: They have NO idea what Halloween is

Reason #6: They are super-neurotic about ANYTHING on or around their heads/faces so that cuts down on a LOT of potential costume choices

Reason #7: They want Mom and Dad to save money so that Christmas can be bigger and better!

There you have it. Our reasons for not dressing our kids. Those who do dress their babies, I think it's great and 100% adorable/hilarious. That's why we talked for so long about how great we could make this Halloween. But then all I started to see was loading/unloading babies from the van to search for costumes at ten different stores, being disgusted with the price of three costumes, and sad that they only wore them during the day when no one really saw them. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So to simplify, I picked up some Halloween shirts at a local consignment sale and called it good this year. Next year will be a different story. We promise.

Soooo.....here they are....in their AWESOME Halloween shirts. You see the excitement? :)


Picture time is typically successful for about 45 seconds. Then these shenanigans start happening...


Shortly after the ear-pull, Leah went for Caleb's hair and Zachary took off in the opposite direction because I was coming after his grabby little fingers. Unfortunately that ended our photoshoot but I got a couple decent pics luckily.

In more exciting Halloween news, I did a craft. I don't ever craft...

But when my friend showed me a wreath she was working on I had to go to the craft store right away and get started myself. I LOVE wreaths. Ask Clark...he hates them. However, he was just complaining how we don't have many Halloween decorations so when I did the math (wreath + Halloween decor = happiness all around), I realized he'd be excited about this one.

Nine yards of black tulle cut into 6in x 24in pieces tied in single knots around a cross-stitch hoop. Took me less than two hours. Clark says crafting should take longer and I should enjoy the journey. I guess that's why I'm not a crafter...I want things done FAST!

Anyway, you can hang it with orange ribbon but since I had a wreath hanger already, I chose to tie in a little decor.



Happy Halloween everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't blame you at all! I was barely motivated and I only have one toddler! But she kind of gets it this years, so its worth the effort. Since we'll have baby twins next year, I'm not so sure :) But your babies DO look very cute in their halloween shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wreath! I really need some Halloween decor myself so I think I might have to steal that idea. Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wreath and shirts! I couldn't bring myself to buy a costume either. I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries, I didn't dress mine up either! Love the shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome- ezra was "elvis in blue hawaii" for will and pargs halloween party. We put stuff in his hair and used make-up for sideburns and he wore a hawaiian shirt he already had- perfect. halloween night he went to bed promptly at 6 and didn't know the difference :-) sam wore his unc pajamas and helped me hand out candy, everyone thought he was dressed up as a Tarheel fan- really we were just getting a head start on bedtime! I mean, whatever you can do to keep candy away from Clark you gotta do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pics and wreath!! Hey can u email ne at mubeenheaton@yahoo.com? Want to ask u something and don't know your email. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete