Monday, October 24, 2011

I Didn't Eat the Dirt, I Promise...


Sorry buster, but the truth is in the evidence!

We have several big areas of dirt in our backyard where the grass doesn't grow and Zachary has grown very fond of those dirt patches. Whenever we play outside he makes his 'dirt rounds,' as I like to call it. He visits each dirt patch, stomps around in it, pokes his finger in it, then sticks some dirt in his mouth. Then he moves on to the next patch. We've been wanting to put sod on some of the bigger areas so that our backyard doesn't look so sad and we figured this would solve Zachary's dirt eating as a result!

Clark was laying the last piece of sod so he thought he'd let Zachary poke his finger in the dirt one more time. Then while Clark reached for the sod, Zachary made his move and quickly ate a handful of dirt! So the pic below is Clark attempting to get the bigger chunks out of Zachary's mouth.


I guess he could be eating worse things but we'd like to keep non-food items far from his mouth. Who knows how many bugs he's ingested along with that dirt. Zachary still makes his 'dirt rounds' although there is no more. It's so funny because he'll just go stand on the sod and roam around for a bit then move on to the next sodded area. Like he doesn't know what to do and he's just devastated there is no dirt to eat. Sad, but funny.

He just thinks he's so sly sometimes but like I said, I just can't ignore the evidence.

2 comments:

  1. So Cute.....especially since I saw him head straight out to the patch and do exactly as you discribed!! Wandered around, so sad and just stood there dejected like...the party was over. Then he moved on to the next patch over on the other side of the yard to check it out. He is so darn cute!! I'm glad I got to see him in action just two weeks ago:) xoxoxMOM/GMAMA

    PS. I finally found out how I could comment again....under Papa's ID!! Go figure??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. I love seeing all the updates on your triplets. They are adorable! I just had to tell you that we saw you guys on TV during the BYU v. TCU game. I think Jesse saw you guys at the OU game 2 years ago. He was there as well.

    ReplyDelete