They all arrived right before bedtime so the kids had a short time to get acquainted before being fed, bathed, and put to bed. Everyone was down by 6pm which gave us a good few hours to hang out.
The weekend they were here was really the first chilly weekend we've had. I've been waiting to bust out some warm outfits for the kids and I was finally able to! Really I'm just excited because soon I'll be able to wear warm pajama pants all day and not feel bad about it. :) What makes these warm baby clothes even better is that they are Clark's clothes from when he was a baby!
Caleb is sporting the pilot outfit. Fit him perfectly. You can't beat elastic around the ankles.
Zachary is sporting a 'Let's Play' outfit . I mean, they just don't make ensembles like this anymore! It fit him perfectly as well!
Both of the boys were so adorable in their outfits. Unfortunately we've had unusually warm weather since then so they haven't worn them again.
Although they were both looking handsome, their hair length was getting out of control. So the queen of haircuts, Gram, picked up some scissors and went to work! Caleb was first and he was a PERFECT ANGEL! So brave. We put on Elmo and fed him raisins all the while but he really didn't even notice all of Gram's snipping.
Zachary is not pictured because his hair cut didn't go as smooth. As soon as he heard the first snip, he lost it. He cried through the whole thing but actually managed to pull himself together near the end. It was pretty traumatic to say the least! Thanks Gram for the handsome haircuts!
Luckily the rain and chill wasn't terrible so we were still able to go on our morning walk. Anie and her girls joined us and they were pretty excited to try out the choo choo wagon. This was the 'girls only' train...

Ya, I know. Leah is eating a couple Hot Wheels. I can't quite explain to her that those belong to her brothers so for now, they are community Hot Wheels.
The nice thing about having triplets is that we have pretty much every stroller imaginable. At one point we had two singles, two doubles, a triple, and a choo choo wagon. Yikes! One side of our garage was parking for strollers only. We have since sold one of our doubles but obviously kept our double bike trailer since we use that for running and biking. Still, the amount of strollers is kind of out of control. However, we never know what type of stroller we'll need for different venues and situations so for that reason, we've ended up with way too many. Point is, we had plenty of options for Madi and Elle to ride in!

Even though it was quick, we were just happy to spend some time with family. We were glad they stopped even though I'm sure they were anxious to get back on the road! We can't wait to see them again next month when we make our long road trip out west for Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving trip out west as in California?
ReplyDeleteWhat a FUN visit we had!! Thanks for having us and letting my girls be the first "kid" visitors to stay in your home. I hope they behaved well enough- i was nervous! :) Funny though that they'd actually slept in your kids bedrooms before your kids even did. Hopefully someday we can all live a little closer and get-togethers won't be such a big deal. We're excited to see you guys in Dec. Make sure you save some room in your van for a Christmas present from us. Also, now that I know our third is most likely a BOY, I'll have more girls clothes to send your way. Hopefully I'll have my stuff my December so I can bring it with us. Oh, and thanks for letting us borrow "Cinderella". Madi is in heaven and has actually decided to be Cinderella for Halloween. It should be cute!! Miss you guys! Love you!!
ReplyDelete