Many times I pull out the camera to 'quickly' take a picture of something the kids are doing. Then I realize they weren't all looking so I take another, then I realize the lighting was bad so I take another, then I realize my camera didn't flash so I take another, then I realize Caleb's eyes were closed so I take another...ahhhhh! By the end of all this, I've spent 15 minutes trying to get ONE picture and I'm usually annoyed, sweating, and yelling at the kids because they aren't cooperating.
So I challenged myself to really only take ONE picture. If Clark was taking the picture he was happy to oblige to my challenge because his biggest pet peeve is taking pictures over and over and over again with me analyzing them between each attempt. I had to make sure I was positioned properly, lights were on, flash was working, etc... Then I got one click (I mean, this is how it was with the old film cameras. You took a picture and crossed your fingers that it would turn out when you had the film developed. It was the worst when you got pictures back and your finger was covering the lens). Of course after snapping a picture I immediately looked to see if it was a good one and found 20 things I didn't like about it. It was so tempting to delete it and try again but I really wanted to just capture the moments, as dirty or blurry or chaotic as they were, and not worry about the little details.
The pictures I'm posting don't seem too exciting but I love looking at them knowing exactly what was happening in that moment even if everyone wasn't looking. I also love knowing that after one click, I set the camera down and went back to playing with the kids...no yelling or sweating involved.
FYI: The kids are pointing to Tennessee on the map because Clark was there on a business trip. So they learned all about that state. :)
Cute CUTE pictures!!!! I love em all!! My favorite pictures are the ones of the regular day to day stuff. I liked the one of them reading, mostly cause I remember Clark asking me awhile back when kids read paper books without ripping the pages. Your kids are there!!!! :) YAY! I was glad to see you guys got a couple more strollers. After I gave you guys a baby stroller one year thinking it'd be fine because there were 3 gifts to open, I later realized that it'd probably be pretty hard to just have one of something- leaving the other two kids screaming and wanting it. Sorry about that!! :) SO excited to hang out in July and have a chance to get to know your kids cute personalities better. xoxoxo
ReplyDelete