Thursday, July 29, 2010

Four Weeks and Counting...

Tomorrow I celebrate my four week anniversary of being here! Can you believe it's already been four weeks??.......cause I CAN. I am hoping now that I'm a little farther along, time won't seem as painfully slow. Getting to 26 weeks seemed like an eternity. Mainly because it was so scary to think about babies being born that early. We are getting closer and closer to a safer time period which we are so thankful for.

No changes here other than the dosage of my medication. Thrilling to say that least. :) I've been contracting more so I have to take a pill form of Terbutaline. This is definitely preferable to the shot because although the pill makes me jittery, it's not nearly as bad and still calms everything down. Seems to work ok but I still have 2-4 contractions an hour. Nothing painful but it is noticeable. I get monitored twice a day still for contractions but only once a day for baby heart beats because we were finding I was contracting more being all strapped up for the babies. Here's a picture of the morning monitoring.




The three monitors on the bottom are the babies. The top one is for contractions. That's just to give you an idea of where the babies are located. I still can't imagine how cramped and squished they are. If one little worm kicks, they all go off their monitors and we have to find them again. Sometimes it can take up to three hours to get 20 minutes of consecutive heart rates. They are all getting a FIRM talking to when they arrive. :) They got measured last week at 26 weeks and weighed in at:

Baby A: 1 lb 13 oz
Baby B: 1 lb 13 oz
Baby C: 2 lb 4 oz

I'm hoping by next week they will be well on their way to 2 and 1/2 pounds. I'm getting bigger by the second and stretch marks have arrived! Lovely.

It's amazing to think these guys could arrive in the next 3-6 weeks. For my birthday next week I'm going to ask my doctor if I can go on the wheelchair ride. I'm dying to see other walls besides mine.

8 comments:

  1. JoSue 4 weeks! That is a big anniversary. You are a trooper. Good job. I want you to know I think you're amazing. Really, truly. I'm glad the babies are getting bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow four weeks! you are amazing. Thanks for keeping this updated, I love hearing how you are doing with those triplets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I'm crossing my fingers you get a trip outside for your birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear JoSue,

    Remember when I made you stop watch watching a soccer game to sit in my apartment with my sleeping baby so that I could go and do something or the other? I WISH I COULD RETURN THE FAVOR! Congrats on the triplets. Seriously, wonder woman.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote a mammoth comment and then my fat fingers somehow closed the window before it saved... so let me sum up: you really are the perfect person to take on this challenge and as corny as it sounds I am very, very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI: the original comment had a lot more wit and a humorous monologue of Sam Hall as your labor coach...so look forward to that in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This morning when we logged into this post I had on the same pair of jama bottoms!! Ani was reading with me and was confused and then excited when she realized that we had matching jamas!!
    This post is already 11 days old and our babies are getting so big. Just keep hanging in there. I know it seems like eternity, but for the rest of us, it's going fast. xoxoxMOM

    ReplyDelete