Now I love my hubby.....his energy, passion, and sense of humor. But as I lay here each day, living a life similar to "The Half-Ton Man" on TLC, my love for Clark grows tenfold. Every time he brings back a fresh load of laundry for me, when he (against his will) bought me more underwear when I realized I would be here for a while, when he crawls in the hospital bed with me to rub my back or take a quick nap, when he helps me shower and get ready for bed quickly so I can stay off my feet, when he paints my toenails (he really did...and he did awesome), and so much more. I mean the list is just growing and growing and my heart is full as I witness all this. Amazing.
This brings me to my point. I love Clark's humor and he has this incredible ability to make me laugh even in the worst circumstances. I laughed out loud last night during my beloved shower because Clark pointed out that I share more in common with the Half-Ton Man than I thought. Restricted to a hospital bed, meals brought regularly throughout the day, need assistance bathing, and haven't seen below my belly button in a while. Insert Clark's fat voice while reading all that and you'll laugh out loud too. Anyway, I just love him.
Surprisingly enough and unlike the half-ton man, I haven't gained an ounce since I came here despite my constant eating. Apparently it's normal and muscle mass plays a big role. Hopefully the pounds will start coming back soon as my body adjusts. My belly has grown though which I'm glad for because these babies need to fatten up! Here's my 25-week belly photo and some pics of my luxury suite with view.

This past week brought some stable results from doc which I'm happy with so this next week will be much of the same....laying, eating, reading, and sleeping.
Here's my whiteboard with all my countdowns.
Not too exciting but at least I have something coming up in the near future!
Hey--Glad to hear you got good results. Is there anything we can do for you? I know you said you can't have visitors, but we could send packages or something. I want to help. Let us know.
ReplyDeleteOMG - the word is out - Clarkita paints toenails. We will all line up for ours at the next family reunion. Glad you are doing so well and our babies are growing. Can't wait to see the new family of 5!!
ReplyDeletexoxoxoRox
I'm glad you had a good report from the doctor JoSue. Can I just say that you are the most amazing woman ever? Thanks for the update, I like hearing how the 5 of you are doing. (And I loved hearing about Clark painting your toenails. That is beyond dedication, seriously.)
ReplyDeleteYa, Clark's pretty awesome! People tell me that he and I are alot alike!! :) haha! Glad to hear that he's taking such good care of you. I love your updates! Your belly is adorable- I'm sure very uncomfortable, but adorable- I just love thinking about those 3 little babies smooshed in there! And Happy 26 weeks today! I wanted to call you, but forgot to put your hospital # in my cell. 2 weeks till your birthday! Woot Woot!!! So much to look forward to! LOVE your countdowns! Love YOU!!! Talk to you soon! xooxoxox
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that things are going well. Hope those babies start to fatten up and we'll hear more good news! I thought the same thing going through pregnancy and labor ( and I had it easy!) : how lucky we are to have our loving and supportive husbands, I can't imagine doing it without them. Looking at your picture made me think of some triplets I saw during my nursing rotation (they were born early but surprisingly fat and healthy!), their mom claimed that she didn't know she was pregnant... JoSue, is there ever a day when you forget you're pregnant with those three little squirmers inside you??
ReplyDeleteok, seriously I laughed out loud when reading that and imagining Clarks "fat voice"! We love you both so much and think of you all the time. It makes me happy to hear that my brother is stepping up and being a "real man". I'm relieved I don't have to buy a plane ticket to come down there and kick his rear! However...the toe nail painting....he may want to keep that under wraps. I know a few men that would request he surrender his man card after that. I'm just sayin....
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love, love, love you! That's one "love" for each member of your little family!
Sir, I'm going to need to see your license, registration, and man card...... now!
ReplyDelete