Thursday, October 14, 2010

What Day is it?

189 Diapers,
168 bottles,
very little sleep,
and one week later...



we are still alive.

I was surprised to learn that it was Thursday today. Really, I don't know what day it is 99% of the time. We are pretty blurry-eyed around here and luckily have a little relief every other night with the night nanny. Our schedules have been go-go-go around the clock and I'd like to say we are working on adrenaline right now.

Having three sweet babies at home is so much fun and truly amazes me everyday. We feel blessed that they are doing well so far. What also amazes me is how many diapers and milk these kids go through! I've started to cut back on my pumping so we are breaking into the freezer milk and will eventually switch them over to formula. When all is said and done I will have pumped for about seven weeks. Having to pump THEN feed is definitely too time consuming with three around. So I'm sad to give it up but I'm glad they have received breastmilk for the amount of time that they did.

All three are feeding really well, taking 2-3 ounces of milk every feeding. Caleb would eat double that if we let him. It's hysterical before he eats because he goes into a frenzy and will pretty much suck on anything. Clark likes to tease and laugh at him but I just think it's sad.

Caleb trying to eat Clark's nose...



Today my Mom went to the grocery store so I fed all three. Most the time doing it alone goes fine. However, sometimes Caleb has a freak out because he wants more. I set him next to Leah in the boppy so she could console him. They seriously sat like this for about 30 minutes.



We're still trying to figure Zachary out. He doesn't sleep much between feedings, maybe an hour and seems to have a more sensitive temperament. We thought maybe he didn't like the noise and stimulation so we've put him in the other room several times. However, today he sat in the kitchen after eating and was such a good little man! Wide awake as ever. He had his first outing to the pediatrician this week and weighed 4 lbs 14 ounces! He's probably hit the 5 lb mark by now. He'll go to the eye specialist tomorrow to check things out and hopefully he'll never have to go back.



Of course we are experiencing lots of 'firsts' this week. I won't picture them all but here is Leah after her first bath.



They also went on their first walk with Mom and Dad! Clark was so excited to take them out but it kind of stresses me out to throw something new into their schedule. I'm sure the flexibility will come. :) He loaded them all up in their car seats and off we went!

13 comments:

  1. i just recently discovered your blog tonight (we're moving our 3rd child, a rambunctious 2 yr old boy, into a big boy bed for the 1st time tonight so that means sitting in front of the bedroom door for HOURS mindlessly playing on the computer until he finally falls asleep). i am the friend of a friend of your sister-in-laws. wow. that's a stretch. at any rate, moms of triplets are a rare thing so i thought i would link you up with my first cousin and his wife. he was an identical twin and they conceived their triplet girls totally naturally while using protection no less. their triplets are now just over 3 years old.

    good luck to you. you're babies are absolutely adorable. i'm now expecting my 5th baby (which will be born BEFORE my oldest turns 6 so i'll have 5 under 5 for about a month and a half) so with a little imagination, i have a healthy appreciation for how crazy things must be for you. hang in there! my cousin insists that it does get much, much easier!

    http://pricetriplets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl...the babies look great! As I read your post I could relate to the time when Steve and I were hardly sleeping and could not remember what day of the week it was...
    Hang in there....the time goes so quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The babies are soooo beautiful. I can remember those sleepless blurry-eyed days and nights when the only thing keeping me going was that at some point they would stop eating every 3 hours. That and frappacinos and cake. I wish I was there to bring you both! You both are doing so great, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo you guys are super parents! I would love to talk to you sometime I just know you are so busy! And I want to get you something but don't know what you still need!? I'll call you sometime and we can chat for a sec. or call me when you have a spare second. Those are probably very rare though! I think about you always though and want to help in any way! Love ya! So excited they are all home!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got on the blog tonight to help Grandpa Rudd see pictures of the babies and were happy to see a new post. We all loved it!! These pictures are priceless!! xoxoGram

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoSue, I love your posts so much! I get so excited every time you post. Anyway, your babies are beautiful, I love all the pictures. I can't believe your schedule, wow you and Clark are pretty amazing to be able to pull this off and so well too. You guys just amaze me. Good luck with week 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Starlie. You are amazing.... and these pictures are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously SO cute! I LOVE loVE LOVE all these pics! My absolute favorite is the one of Leah and Caleb snuggling! Adorable! And I love that they all sleep in the same crib- and you guys thought you'd need 3 cribs! :) Love you guys tons- think of you every day! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Starlie and Brooke, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Anie, that pic of Leah and Caleb is my all time favorite! We think about you all all the time!!! Miss you so much and wish you were closer so we could help out! Love you all!!! Thanks for the regular posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! So glad to hear that it's going so great with all of those babies at home and so fun that you were able to take them out for a walk. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys freakin' ROCK!! Those babies are adorable and I'm impressed with their weights. Reading your posts give me flash-backs to my life last year (but I only had 2!) And keep posting, I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete