Like I've mentioned before, however, Leah and Zachary are EXTREMELY sensitive to the bright sunlight and wind. They can't even open their eyes whereas Caleb is totally fine. Soooo, I'm thinking the only way Clark is going to be able to play with the trio outside all summer is under a huge shaded canopy with Leah and Zachary wearing glasses and hats. Baby sunglasses....hmmmm. Zachary would tear them right off, chew on them, and probably break them somehow. Leah would do fine. I figure I should check out the options for baby sunglasses soon though. Today the babies vitamins ran out and they needed them before their bedtime feeding so we piled in the car and ventured to Target right around the corner. Perfect time to look for sunglasses and hats as well.
Getting to the store to grocery shop or pick up things here and there is quite the task with three babies. I could count on two hands the amount of times I've taken all three by myself to pick something up in the past seven months. Usually I go on Saturdays or early in the morning before Clark goes to work. BUT...sometimes I can't wait because I need milk, a Rx, formula, vitamins, etc... The stuff that all the sudden runs out without my realizing.
So I've done this several ways. Depending on whether I need room in the cart for large items like boxes of diapers will determine my method.
#1: Carry one baby in Bjorn, push other two in double stroller. No cart.
#2: Push single stroller, pull grocery cart with two babies inside (still in car seats). Limited cart space.
#3: Push double stroller, pull cart with one baby inside. This allows the most cart space. I rarely use this method and save the big items for when I'm alone if I can.
For this Target trip I used method #1. Caleb closest to me, then Leah out front. Zachary was in the Bjorn. This Target is NEVER busy so it was nice to just cruise the isles unbothered. The babes loved looking at something different besides our walls at home.
Well, I got the vitamins and also scored a couple pairs of glasses. They have velcro so we'll see how that goes. I passed buying the hats because I thought I could get a better deal elsewhere. Leah got to try on her shades first. They fit perfectly and she seemed pretty excited!
Is this girl for real?? I was cracking up. Zachary did fine with his too but was too involved in the exersaucer to give me a smile. We scored some swimsuits at the consignment sale for the boys (already have a couple for Leah) and now just need some powerful sunscreen. We're almost ready to go!!!
Wait,
is it still March?
Haha! Too funny Joey! Love the sunglasses and the pic of the kids at Target. I need some hats for Addison and I have yet to get a swimsuit, but all in time I guess. Can't wait to hit the pool...oh wait, I don't have one....guess we'll be pool hopping this summer!
ReplyDeleteSo you didn't mention- do you get tons of looks and comments from strangers when you go out- asking you about your triplets, how you're surviving, etc? I would think you'd be a celebrity at any Target and/or grocery store! :) I know I love checking out moms with multiples at the store! And LOVE the sunglasses. I almost got those very ones when Elle was little. I'll be interested to hear how the velcro works. And I'm with you on being ready for swim season. I got our blow up pool out the other day while putting snowsuits away, but then ended up putting it back up in the attic- at least for another month! Instead Madi took a bath in her swim suit tonight! She was so excited about it!
ReplyDeleteI heard that you had a new post and was hoping for the picture of Leah in sunglasses. She looks very happy to soon be headed outside to play in the pool with her dad and brothers!! xoxoMOM/GRAM
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute that Leah loves the glasses! Kate loves sunglasses too but Finn would always cry when we put them on him until he was like 2...he's a tender soul :) Fist pump to you for ever attempting the store with all the kiddos...I was wondering how you managed that!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE leah in the sunglasses, I love that you got to have a girl and boys at the same time-they are going to be the cutest friends
ReplyDelete