Monday, March 7, 2011

Once Upon A Time...

there were three babies who were getting tired of the same ol' same ol' everyday with their parents. They wished they could go out and play and that the weather would get warmer. Mostly, they wished their parents would stop acting so crazy just to get them to smile and laugh.

Caleb: "Let's break out of here. Mom and Dad are getting crazier by the day."


Zachary: "I'm on board. Leah what do you think? "

Leah: "I don't know guys, seems kind of risky. They'd probably find out. I actually kind of like them."


Caleb: "Well, we could easily take the hinges off the door and get out that way..."

Zachary: "Hmmm....there's got to be a better way. Let me think."

Leah: "I don't want to go!! Don't make me!"


Leah: "I just want to stay here and look into our big mirror..."


...and have daily meetings about the toys we should play with for the day..."



...and lay on our cool foam tiles!"


Caleb: "I guess you're right. This door seems pretty big anyway. I do like those foam tiles now that you bring them up."

Zachary: "I guess Mom and Dad aren't that bad. We could probably deal with them for a little longer."


THE END

P.S. We went to a consignment sale this past weekend and did pretty good for ourselves! We picked up TONS of foam tiles that we were wanting to cover our hard tile floors. Babies are rolling and will soon be sitting so if we can avoid cracked-open heads that would be great. That picture above shows only a portion of the tiles so we'll have enough to cover ALL our tile. We also got a choo-choo wagon, clothes, books, and lots of toys. We're learning that no matter how many toys we will buy our kids, they'll always want more. It's overwhelming. My point of this additional story is that my "stranger quote of the week" came from this sale. We had put our names on the choo-choo wagon but did not want to pull it around while we shopped so we told the sale volunteer worker we'd come back.

When we did, the news of 'the triplet couple' had spread among workers. One came in while we were picking up the wagon and said,

Worker: "so you're the triplet couple we've heard about huh?? You DO like tired."

Then I muttered something about how I had been up since 6am or something. Who knows. SO AWKWARD! Geeez, I'm not the 'triplet' mom I'm the 'tired' mom. Which is true but for real?! Who says that? Was it that I wasn't wearing make up? or hadn't done my hair? or that I was wearing an oversized sweat shirt? Whatever it was, apparently I'm the tired, frumpy mom now. :) I really am not offended at the comment at all but I hate when people say that. It's just a polite way of saying you look terrible. The nurses at the NICU would tell me that all the time when really I was getting great nights of sleep at home with no babies there.

Anyway, to many more awkward comments. Tomorrow is six month shots. Yikes!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. JoSue,
    I can't remember if we met before, but I'm Jeremy's grandmother (Karlee's Jeremy), and I've been following your blog since Marty first told me about it. You write so beautifully and with so much feeling and emotion. I can only imagine what a challenge these past months have been, but you obviously have handled it all so well. And those babies are absolutely adorable! Congratulations to you and Clark. We hope to see you all some day when you can travel to California. Best wishes, Betty Passey

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoSue that story is super cute. I hope there are more chapters to come ;) And I HATE it when people tell me I look tired. Tired= what? Do I look angry? depressed? not ready for the day? It never means good things. I'm with you, it's awkward, people shouldn't say it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm bummed I missed the sale, but I guess I can wait till next time. Can't wait to see all these tiles!!! And sorry about the "tired" comment; it isn't a nice thing to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever....I would have gone to the sale in my jamas just to show them that I could. Next year be prepared with a come back!!
    I hope you got some great items at the sale. What about the bigger carseat for Caleb?? And the gates to block off rooms??
    xoxoxMOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, why do people not understand that telling someone they look tired is not socially acceptable? When I worked in nursing Paul asked me if I was pregnant because he thought I looked really pale. Nope, actually I feel just fine! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone who is raising triplets is going to be tired. I'd love to see those people after a few months of it and see how tired they look! Tired or not, they are worth it and they are getting so cute and so big, even if they do try and escape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That post was super cute! And I loved reading your post about when you found out you were having triplets. What is up with waiting times at the doctor?! I hate waiting in that little room FOREVER...I would much rather be out in the waiting room with a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your babies are so cute! You're such an amazing mom! I really have no idea how I'd handle what you do. I get the tired comments and I only have one 2 year old! People always say the right things huh!? I always tell Aaron I feel bad complaining when he's never home because then I think of you with 3 babies and poor Clark's schedule is worse than Aaron's! Looks like you're doing a great job! We love hearing from you guys and seeing your blog. Hope everything is going well and I hope your busy season is over or almost there!!

    ReplyDelete