So funny. Makes my eyes water every time I watch it.
Ok...now onto the march! We participated in the March of Dimes last weekend. The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. Our area did a five-mile walk to support research and programs that help moms have full-term pregnancies and babies begin healthy lives! Obviously this is a popular walk among the mom's of multiples group that I'm a part of because, with the exception of a few, all our babies were born prematurely.
Leah was so excited before we left to see all the other babies there!
Before the walk...
We joined Clark's work team and drove downtown to participate. We were excited and hoped that everything would go just as we had planned.
Then we realized we have triplets....and things usually don't go as planned. :)
After about 1/2 mile, the babies had woken up from a short nap and were wondering where they were and why they weren't being fed. So the meltdowns started. We pulled over and started our production of mixing bottles, feeding, and burping babies. After finishing, we started on the route again and got another 1/2 mile before the babies had just about had it with being in their car seats. They had been in them about three hours at this point with the driving, waiting, and walking. Soooo, at mile marker one we pulled over on the grass and put out a blanket to let the babies stretch. They were definitely happier. It was a beautiful day too!
Once the babies started getting tired for another nap, we stuck them back in the strollers and started off again. They all fell asleep but we knew it would be short lived. So we turned around and started back. We didn't even walk the one mile before they were all up again. By this time it was hot and both of us were hungry so we made the long walk back to the car and headed home. In the end, we only walked two of the five miles and honestly, the event was SO MUCH BIGGER than I had anticipated. As a result, the walk was very slow going because of all the people. However, we're glad we 'attempted' it and figure that next year might be more successful when the babes are able to enjoy looking around and facing forward in their strollers. We were exhausted when we finally arrived home five hours later and took a nice nap in the backyard while the babies slept. :) It was good to get out and walk though and seriously, it was such a nice day. I know I was wearing a sweatshirt but that's because it had been in the 60's when we arrived.
Don't you love how Leah shows off her nice, big belly?? She's sure proud of it considering she was a little tiny three-pounder when she arrived!
Anyone else ever done the March of Dimes??
JoSue, I love reading your blog. You're hilarious! And your kids are adorable! I'm so happy for you guys! that video is AWESOME!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCaleb looks like a fisherman with his hat on and Zach....a movie star!!
ReplyDeleteLeah, in the video, almost sounds like she's crying...maybe because she's laughing so hard:) Very cute.
We love seeing weekly pictures of the kids. Thanks for being so diligent with your posts.
xxoxoxooo MOM
Hannah has that exact same grandma outfit that Leah is wearing! We should get them together so they can be matching!!! They are all so cute! I'm happy you are all doing great, and I hope to one day meet them!!
ReplyDeleteLeah, Leah, Leah....I love you!!! And your brothers too, of course.
ReplyDeleteI know you know...but your babies are so so so cute.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I love that laugh.
Fun to see your family growing up on here.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had time to catch up on reading your blog in a while!!! I was laughing so hard watching the video of Leah and your sister that everyone had to come in my bedroom to see what I was watching! Love those babies! Love you guys!!
ReplyDelete