Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Most Boring Egg Hunt Ever...

We knew it would be. We did zero training or preparation for the big event. I didn't even have baskets; however, I did buy eggs randomly in the dollar isle at Target about a month ago so we went ahead and threw them out on the lawn. We put goldfish and cheerios in the eggs but after they found and ate about two, they were over it and left the rest in the grass. I definitely thought they'd be excited over picking and gathering them. Guess they were too cool for it. There were a couple eggs with tootsie rolls in them and of course those were a hit so obviously candy is the big drive for motivation. I'll keep that in mind for next year. ;)

We did have the sprinkler going at the same time along with the water table filled up so I just think there were lots of distractions. It was such a beautiful day though. We sat under the canopy and enjoyed every second of it. The kids played out there for almost 1 1/2 hours without problem. They've just recovered from a viral infection called Hand, Mouth, Foot Disease (NO idea where they pick this stuff up) so having such a peaceful, fun day was delightful!










The sprinklers were much more entertaining for everyone and the boys loved them. Leah...not so much. She didn't like the splash parks we went to last summer either so I wasn't surprised. Point is, the egg hunt was nothing short of anticlimatic. I'm not sad though. Plenty more years to come.

1 comment:

  1. UMMM...goldfish and cherrios!!...no wonder they were bored!! Remember, they're half Rudd so that means they have candy flowing thru their blood line!!! You can't fool Rudd kids with goldfish and cherrios. I guess it's definately time for Gram and GramRox to head your way with our bags of candy:) (Remember the picture of them at 1.5 months old laying in a sea of halloween candy?? They remember who spoils them with treats!!) xoxoxGRAM

    ReplyDelete