I left ALL of my kids for the first time in two years. I was quite overdue for a break, let me tell you. They were left in the very capable hands of their father, though, so I knew I didn't have to worry a bit and could relax on my special trip out to the land of California! I headed out west for a SISTERSFEST for Clark's side of the family. Seven of us traveled from all over to meet up and we were only missing one who couldn't make it. So we had quite the group!
Although flying anywhere on Southwest these days takes triple the amount of time as other airlines, it was nice not to worry or stress about time, delays, seating, etc... I just went with the flow, read my book, and made my way toward the Pacific. I was scooped up from the airport by waiting family and we all made our way to Windsor later that day. After my trip to Idaho with Leah last summer, I learned I needed more warm clothes when traveling during the summer to climates that weren't 107 degrees with 100% humidity everyday. So I was prepared with sweatshirts and pants when I landed in San Francisco.
Because I had been traveling since 2:30am pacific time and eating granola bars and peanuts all day, it was so nice to finally reach our hotel around dinner time, get into pajamas, and eat some delicious pizza, fruit, and rolls. We explored where we were staying, located the fitness room (which was quite the hot spot the next morning), and didn't waste anytime before diving into some fun games.
The course of the weekend was full of some pool time (kind of chilly that particular afternoon which is why we're all covered up...relaxing nonetheless),
Pedicures by Amy during our Downton Abbey marathons,
Loving on Cal, the newest member of the family,
Hot tubbing,
Poolside chats and naps,
and a Justin Bieber birthday party! Lucky for me, my birthday happened to fall on our SISTERSFEST weekend. Clark was probably glad he didn't have to make me a cake. :) I woke up on Sunday morning to a fullly Bieberfied hotel room! Mom woke up in the 5am hour to make sure everything was in place and decorated. It was awesome and I had a good laugh. I mean, what grown woman doesn't like Justin Bieber? We enjoyed Justin's presence that day and had a delicious crockpot birthday meal complete with my favorite, strawberry shortcake, for dessert. We tried to eat the dessert at the exact time I was born, 7:35pm, but soon realized we had already missed the moment because of the time change. Dang! The shortcake was delicious anyway.
I felt totally spoiled and special and even had gifts to open! All of which were very thoughtful and appreciated. I felt lucky to be surrounded by such incredible woman who love me despite my current obsessions, likes, dislikes, quirks, etc... Isn't family great that way?
We spent the whole of my birthday lounging around, hanging by the pool, and talking. Perfectly my style. Sadly weekends like that always fly by but I knew after four days Clark was ready to have me home again! I can't thank Clark enough for giving me a little break to renew and recharge. He's superdad. No doubt about it. Of course the first thing the kids asked me when I went in to get them the next morning was, "where's Dada?" Apparently my homecoming wasn't all that exciting.
Looks like I may have to leave more often!! :)





Fun update, Jo!! It was such a great weekend and really went by too fast. I think leaving more often is something you should do for sure...especially visiting us here in California:) It may get to 107 degrees, but it's always 0% humidity!! Love you xoxoxMOM
ReplyDelete