Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Big Orange Pumpkin Farm...

The multiples organization I belong to had planned their annual pumpkin patch trip this past Saturday! Well...unfortunately we couldn't make it because we had family visitors (yay!) in town. Surprisingly there are a lot of patches around here so we just chose another day and went to another pumpkin patch that was closer.

It was a little breezy that morning but not nearly cold enough for sweaters. However, the sun was out which meant Leah is squinting in all the pictures. I started singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider to get them all to smile and Leah started doing it with me! No smiles from anyone obviously....maybe I need a new song.


After the hay bails, we moved on to the area with BIG pumpkins. I snapped this picture because Leah was rolling around on this particular pumpkin which was really funny. Then afterward I noticed Zachary....not sure what Clark was doing to him.




Caleb


Leah


Zachary


Next we moved on to feed the animals!! When we arrived, we received some treats to feed the goats. Clark had to do the honors since the goats were going nuts and I was afraid they were going to bite me!



Once the animals were full and happy, we headed to the small pumpkin patch where each baby could choose a pumpkin. Leah felt like there were a lot of good choices but was having a hard time narrowing it down. Caleb's in the background eating grass or something.


Holy cow is this the cutest picture ever with all his teeth? ha The wind was blowing right in his face so he was laughing. He would crawl around and knock on the pumpkins. Maybe he knows a pumpkin picking secret that we don't!


Zachary didn't really zero in on any pumpkins. He just cruised up and down the rows...you know, exercising his independence. He's all about that these days.


To finish off our visit, we hopped on the back of a tractor and went for a hay ride!! It was only about five minutes around the farm. Zachary was freaked about how bumpy it was so he sat in Dad's lap...


Caleb on the other hand was all about it. He was hanging on for dear life though!



We came home with a couple small pumpkins and three VERY tired babies. It was only a ten minute car ride but they were struggling to stay awake. That's when the crackers come in handy! It will be better when they can walk next year but we had a good time anyway! We are so loving this fall weather and all the festivities! The countdown to put up our Christmas tree is underway, btw. Get ready for it!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like they had a great time! Love the photos in all of the pumpkins - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to a pumpkin patch this week! You'll have to tell me which one that was and if it was worth it. Cute pictures! I DO love the one of Caleb and the wind. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, let me know which one it was too! So cute, I can't wait to take Addison!

    ReplyDelete